We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Station to Blackstar: David Bowie Signature Study 1976 - 2015 2024 - / POST AP/TF FORGERY PROBLEM

Hello,

I have been meaning to make this for some time. A chronological composite of David Bowie signatures from the mid 70's on to 2015. It is not as complete or neat as I'd like (not enough of earlier material for one) and I will add more observations regarding the signatures, but they are genuine and it does manage to show the evolution from C. 1976 on through the decades. There are scans and photographs of signed albums, album pages, playbills, IP, business cards, inserts, lithographs, books, scraps, photos, cards and a guitar. Various markers, pens and pencil. There are "open" and "closed" B' examples and some bits of handwriting also. I hope it is useful to you. The forgeries out there (pre 2018) are largely of very poor quality, and usually fail from a lack of understanding regarding angle, basic construction and form. These examples are almost all dated. My favorites, oddly, are the 1983, 1993, 2003 and 2013 examples. The first 1993 example (with "open B") is in my collection and I like it because it appears a bit of a throwback in form and with that "o", and the bottom of the "B" looks like an axe blade. Comments and additions welcome. Click to see full image.

Eric

Views: 8587

Replies to This Discussion

I wanted to add the last one that I bought and the one I kept along with promotional materials, tickets etc. 2002 Heathen CD.

Another AP forgery:

This is an authentic pencil '98:

Here is another "unusual" "Bowie" being sold by snyd2 - that seller who seems to  specializes in certified bad/atypical material. Has anyone seen this handwriting from Bowie? It is very loopy and fanciful...and yet not smooth.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service