We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi All,

Latest addition. ISOLAR (Bowie's company) "with compliments" card (3.5" x 2") signed by David Bowie for a BMG music suit I think, as inserted into/paired with a promo/comp copy of Black Tie/White Noise CD from 1993 as yet still in its shrink wrapping (simulated to scale below). Of the six or so cards I have been, this seemed the best example - reminiscent of the decade before with that guitar-shaped "B" -  not extending into the text above, and not to close to the bottom edge, and well defined. Some are what I call "abortive" Bowie sigs - a little "iffy" by the third loop before the "sharp" ending stroke right. This, along with the ticket to the Tonight Show performance on May 10, 3 days after shooting the video Black Tie White Noise, and with his signed 1995 first solo art show program from the Chertavian Gallery on Cork Street in London (shown below), fills my Bowie Collection...for now. I had a hard "no doubles" rule"...have you seen it? This is a pretty good and clean signature. With RE cert. Comments of any kind on this little collection most welcome. I wanted unusual stuff.

Eric

Below is my ticket with "best wishes", a bit unusual, May 10th, 1993, Tonight Show paired with a MINT 12" X 12" flat from the Black Tie White Noise album (to scale). PSA/DNA and RE certs. Here is the performance - he looks and sounds superb @ mid-career on this night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7777sdhMwFg

And below is the Chertavian Gallery program  (8" x 8"), showing Bowie's favorite work, a candid of him at the gallery source unnown, and MINT 12" x 12" flat "Head of DB" self portrait from 1995 - the "Outside" cover art with RE OP OK. Most all of these suffer from scratches through the signature as this is felt tip on hard gloss card. This is the only one I have seen that does not.

Here is my 35mm Kodachrome unpublished from ISOLAR 2. 1978 singing "Heroes" MSG:

Photograph below of David Bowie performing at Newcastle in 1978 on ISOLAR 2 printed to my specs on 2X weight paper and signed and dated to me by the original photographer, Allan Perry, immediately, 1.16.

Views: 400

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service