We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

It is not signed but it was framed and titled 'The Presidents" and it is a real photo but a limted edition apparently but I have yet to find another like it. It has been in my possession since 1996. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Views: 241

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies to This Discussion

If anybody could give me a value on it that would also be greatly appreciated.

Hi John,

That is one of several photographs of these men taken on the occasion of Anwar Sadat's funeral. The three prior presidents met at the White House and then represented the United States at the official state funeral.

It was popular to have these signed. I obtained all three photographs from the National Archives. They are in the public domain and can be reproduced legally from what I understand. The value would probably be around $25. Signed they probably would go for over a thousand.

This particular photograph was altered from the original with the words "The Presidents" added to the image. It is only this version that is copyrighted. It would have been copyrighted by the person who had the image altered with the words.

One other photo of the men show them toasting the occasion and another photo was taken while all were behind a podium at night. This was the first occasion four presidents were photographed together. After Bush (43) was elected a photograph of five presidents was taken.

Hi John,

I should have added that the value of that piece would be affected by the framing. Depending on how that was done it could add at least a couple of hundred dollars.

If you could obtain cut autographs of the men and have the item reframed it would add much to the appeal and value.

Thank you so much for your helpful response, I may try and look for cuts for this piece.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service