70% sure I've been scammed. Do I have any options? (icollector.com, "High End Memorabilia")

So I just started getting into collecting some memorabilia, and I found the site icollector.com. I scored some movie props from there from Premiere Props, and then found this "live auction" with an auctioneer called "High End Memorabilia".

The auction prices seemed great. I got an awesome Sopranos plaque with a script signed by a bunch of the cast (including James Gandolfini) and a Rush album cover signed by three members of the band. For both, with shipping and premiums, I paid about $750.

Live and learn, it was only after I won that I did my due diligence.

This is the auctioneer's next upcoming auction (which has the same Rush album signed that I "won"):

http://www.icollector.com/Rock-Roll-Movie-and-Sports-Extravaganza_a...

I googled the auctioneer's phone number and it links to "Front Row Memorabilia". There are a couple of threads on here related to them being scammers.

Both "High End Memorabilia" and "icollector.com" have not answered my inquiries.

Ugh . .

Where do I go from here? I only have an invoice from Paypal for my payment. No communication, shipping info, or anything. Should I just open a Paypal dispute?

Views: 1056

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CJ, did you ever get your money back from your purchases from High End Memorabilia on iCollector?

Yes. Oddly enough they had great customer service. They returned my call,  and a nice woman tried to reassure me that the pieces were legit and they try their best for authenticity. I told her I'd just rather cancel the order and she understood. I was refunded within a day.

What's crazy is they STILL mailed me the items. I double checked my account to make sure I got thur money back and called them to explain. Another nice woman told me it was their mistake and they're sorry, and that it was probably best to just keep them!

That’s great to hear. Could you please post photos of the items in the COAs?

So I just received an email from the better business bureau regarding the complaint I filed regarding High End Memorabilia. they sent them a letter and the mail was returned to sender. I was out 695.00 and got back $665.00. They use square as their clearing company for charges.

I think they may be on to them as they had a guitar on recently signed by Queen. But someone pointed out the guitar was manufactured after his death. So the item dissapeared mid auction.

yesenia@luxewestinc.com or amber -

amber.johnson@luxewestinc.com

Email them every hour and call the number at different times. 310-801-3638

$665 is good. Their terms say that if they'd accept the return, you wouldn't get back the 25% commission  and you'd have a 30% restocking fee.

Do you know if the BBB letter was refused or returned address unknown?

RSS

PRIVATE SIGNINGS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service