We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Thought I had seen a thread about this company in the past, but couldn't find it.

I was selling at a show recently and was approached by a dealer who told me he has tons of inventory sitting in a storage unit and if I ever needed anything to give him call.  Said everything is certified and he can give me better prices than anyone else.  Then went on about how he is friends with the guy who started Ace Authenticators (guy who used to work for GAI?), told me his name but I can't remember.  Anyways, he was telling me how the authenticator came to his house to check out over 1,000 items and how he was going to be getting 1,000's of items from Spring Training and how "his guy" was bringing an authenticator with him to certify everything immediately.    Also said this guy is going to be the next big authenticator just needs more time under his belt.  I haven't called the guy, don't think I will.  Just asking because of how this guy sang ACE Authenticators praises and was wondering what people here thought.  If you do not want to say anything on a public board for fear of slander, then feel free to inbox me.

thank you

Views: 5924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Patrick,

I moved your discussion to Autograph Authentication Services, since that 's the topic in question. The guy who started, and I believe still runs ACE is Justin Priddy. I wouldn't suggest relying on their authentication. They have a reputation similar to that of STAT Authentic and TTA.

Thanks for the info, Steve.  Yes, that is the name the guy gave me.
Some guys are sure to see your discussion and pipe in, but I applaud you for being so careful.

Patrick,

ACE/Justin boasted how he is the only third party authenticator that has passed 100% of the autographs that he has looked at and even some that he did not look at.  He has not seen an autograph that he does not like.

Michael Jackson autograph with ACE authentication selling for $42 on ebay:

item 370485387577 ($42)

There are hundreds of fake items authenticated by ACE/Justin Priddy in this auction

www.iconicmemorabilia.com ; this is similar to Coach's Corner

Here is a fake Packers team signed helmet authenticated by ACE and sold by ebay seller zbigmac94:

item 270711167557  This seller must have sold approx. 20 of these authenticated by ACE.

Thank you, Nancy.  During our conversation, the guy did say a few things that made me think something was right.  For example, "He looked at 2,000 items for us.  Came over at 7pm was there past midnight.  Only failed 3 pieces."  Right there, that just didn't sound right, unless it was all stuff from a private signing and he was just rubber stamping like what authenticators will do at live signings.
I have taken a break from collecting.  Now that im getting back into it there are  a ton of new authentication companies out there.  When i was active I only remember 2 or 3.  Now there seems to be about a dozen.
Iconic Memorabilia is operated ( maybe owned ) by Jeff Woolf who worked with Justin Priddy at GAI.

Here is a Pujols approved by ACE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-Auto-Signed-Autograph-8x10-ACE-CO...

I do not have any Pujols autos, but compared to some on Steiner, this isn't even close.

http://www.steinersports.com/search.html?searchTerm=Pujols

I've seen the ACE COA on quite a few contemporary players - Jeter, Rivera etc. They seems to come in quantity from a handful of sellers.

Unless these sellers have Jeter and Rivera held hostage in the basement signing autographs en masse... I'd say they were highly suspect.

I would buy from an honest seeming seller with no COA before I bought something with an ACE COA.

Thanks for the info, zipper.  Jeter and Rivera are Steiner exclusive.  I met someone once who claimed to have a connection to Jeter.  Said he could get me stuff at a good price.  Obviously it would be an under the table deal, so no Steiner holograms.  Told him to let me know when he has some stuff and maybe we can do business.  Basically, would have bought 1, brought it to JSA if it passed get more.  If not, call him and tell him I need more and then when he shows up to demand my money back.  This was back in June.  Emailed him a few times, and he hasn't come through at all.
Those kinds of dealers just leave me shaking my head. The odds that Jeter or anyone violating a 6- or 7-figure signing contract are pretty slim.
I agree, Steve.  This dealer didn't say something like, "My friend's sister knows his housekeeper's uncle...."  This dealer is tight with a former Yankee who is still involved with the team.  I do know that part to be true as this former Yankee does several signings a year and this guy is always with him.  Wasn't going to be a deal where I bought 100 signed baseballs or even a dozen.  Would have asked for 2 or 3 baseballs and maybe 1 or 2 pictures at a time.  But, like I said, he hasn't contacted me to say he has anything and it has been almost a year.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service