We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello again all! Man, I just want to say this site is just great. I can't wait to share some more of my signatures and items I've obtained from touring on here and I love doing the research and have other collectors opinions. It makes one feel pretty happy to see comments like "Looks great!" or "Nice signature you have there!" and it also makes one feel really low when the majority of people think something you have is not genuine (like my Beatles record I have...and pretty blatant not real even after some other "semi-experts" claimed it was legit...not from the forums though!) It DOES amaze me sometimes that some people are so harsh...seeing posts like "This is absolute garbage" and "I laughed so hard at this forgery!". Now mind you, I've been a "roadie" for 15 years of my life and have worked at a pawn shop for twenty years also, so I have pretty thick skin. I just think a simple let down for people who really don't know if something is real or fake would be nice. They already feel drained and low from either buying or trading (in my case) for that "fake" item they have. I am always polite to the customers (usually ladies) that bring their jewelry in to my store to sell it only to have to tell them that it is fake (or costume as I put it gently). I get everything from name calling and anger, to crying and sobs, to laughter...but at least they know and I always tell them they are welcome to get a second opinion. ANYWAY...

...there are only a handful of signatures that I did NOT obtain in person (and the one's I did get in person are the one's no one really cares about except for myself!) so I have to start with those so I can get those with doubt over with!

Here is my Queen (supposed!) signed album. Love that band. I have an original hologram RIAA award presented to myself, along with plenty of vinyl and some rare coins and picks from Mr. May. I had the privledge of chatting to Brian's tech while working for the guys in Vegas for two nights (with that Adam singer a few years back..).

So here you go. I was going to just keep it in my vinyl collection and forget about it but it keeps gnawing at my brain since I've discovered this site. Thanks ahead of time for any insight! I read some old posts and am really looking forward to hearing from "Innuendo"! I guess he's the one to go to! Thanks all!

Ray

Links to a pretty good scan and some photos....Thanks!

Tags: Album, Autographs, Brian, Deacon, Freddie, John, May, Mercury, Queen, Roger, More…Signatures, Taylor

Views: 531

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice, Ray! I got a few from Pete Malandrone as well but nowhere near as many as you lol. They're over in Vegas right now for a month stay at MGM Park Grand. I wont be attending (I hear it's the same greatest hits setlist it's been for years) but I have a few friends who are out there snagging as much as they can from the techs lol. 

Ps did you mention where you got this signed album from? This forger's work seems very familiar and I'm wondering if it comes from the same location he/she sells out of- thanks 

Pete! Yep, I thought it was Brian's brother at first! I was helping my friend Cat with merch (I worked for the same company as she did) and she introduced me. I had a big bag of picks and instead of asking for  one of his six pence's or promo picks, I told him he should dig through my bag and get some picks he would want and do kind of a trade. His response was the greatest! After digging through the bag of MANY various band picks, he simply said "Ahhh, forget it...we don't like other bands picks!" and went off and got me a few of Brian's! HHAHA! Awesome! I got those and my working passes for those two days, but I never could get my Starfleet vinyl signed ;-).

The Queen (and the Beatles) came from the estate of a doctor I knew  that was a big time autograph collector (along with guitars, amps, etc.). I traded my entire Kiss collection for those two records and was happy...until recently. He is still a good friend of mine and I just told him last week that the Beatles were a dud. I can't understand because he is such an expert on Beatles stuff that he had to know. I will try to see where he got some of his stuff from. I am just hurt because since I kind of retired from touring I wanted to open a little record store and that Beatles LP was going to help me get my start. Oh well. Maybe I'll turn to comics instead LOL

P.S...the friend that passed away isn't the same person that I just told my stuff was not legit to. That was unclear. lol. The person that handled a lot of the collectibles from the estate and that I traded with was the person I was referring to! :-)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service