We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello,

What are your thoughts on this Joe DiMaggio signature cut? It is attached to an old notepad page. Thank you for your assistance, Mike.

Views: 357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It looks as if Joe's sister signed it. DiMaggio’s sister would allegedly sign  things for him back in 1970s and 1980s.

This one appears to be a good example of that.

Thank you for the response. I think this style of signature is older than the 1970s, so I am still leaning toward liking it.

think you're correct, John. we've seen this style, even the same elaborately florid "Best Wishes" inscription on this forum before, and the overwhelming consensus among the Joe D. guys mentioned Joe's sister's handwriting. I'm not as good a Joe D. guy as those here that are expert level, but what I can state is that this is likely a woman's signature. That thread about that Joey D sig is here someplace. I just don't remember where I saw it.

Woody, I've gotten pretty good with the DiMaggio, which isn't saying very much, but I do remember Chris, Fudd or Tony saying something about that runoff line after the o in DiMaggio. I just know in my heart that Joe didn't sign this. And yes, it does look like a woman signature. Thank you so much for your input, Woody. Mike, we mustn't be hasty. Don't pull the trigger just yet. At least until you hear from others

Also, Global.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service