We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Are IPhone 7 Autographs Considered Real Autographs????

I recently seen a person get an autograph from NHRA legend John Force at The World Of Wheels in Chicago. He had John sign a photo of them that he just taken of both them together on his IPhone. John didn't know how to sign it, but the guy explained how easy it was to sign. Afterward I ask him how to do it.

He explained, all you do is choose a photo in your photo library. Tape on where you see 3 small lines that has circles on them. Next, Tape on the circle that has 3 dots in it, Tape on the tool box that says "Markup" underneath. Now you can set what color and the width of the autograph that you what on your photo.

So, a couple of days ago, I met The Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and I asked her to sign the IPhone photo that I had of us when I met her a few months pier. The nice person that she is, she was glad to sign with the soft rubber tipped pen that I gave her. I think wanted to sign because she admitted to me that she had never seen that done before.

Not 5 minutes later, I met The Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner, I asked him to do the same, and he was pleased to sign. He to admitted he never seen this before. I think both photos came out rather nice!!!!!

But my question is, in the real world of collecting autographs, Is this considered a real autograph?  

I myself am a Picture Proof Photo Autograph collector (Autographs that I take a picture of the person signing the item). I have heard from many collectors that have impressed to me that they don't need to take a photo of the celebrity signing for authenticity because the autograph they received would be going in their own collection which they will never sell it. The only reason I don't take a photo of a person signing an autograph is when that person is signing a photo that I have taken of us together pier to meeting him again and I would not be selling it in the future either. Who would buy it???

I personally like it and can see the possibilities of the IPhone autographs becoming popular because now you can meet a celebrity, take a selfie with him, and now have him autograph it.

Or you can go to an sports event with many photos on your phone of all the stars that will be there, and now you don't even have to carry a big notebook of photos. You don't even have to carry a pen. You can just have them sign with their finger!!!! (but then authenticators would now have to know the loops and hoops of an hand written and an finger written autograph) 

And what would be the difference of selling/buying an mail in autograph from an IPhone autograph? People sell reprints of autographs all the time.

I would like to hear you thoughts of The IPhone autographs!!!!

Thank You Very Much!!!!!    

FRED   (Picture Proof Autographs)

Views: 1623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are quite cool. I'm sure they will get smaller and less ugly in future versions.

I just spoke to a collector who was considering an item because of "exact photo proof". In this the "proof" is a photo of celebrity holding a copy on an album - no context, certainly no signature to see. Of what value is such a "proof photo"? All I see can see from such a photo is that the celeb was alive at that point and signed a copy of something for someone, somewhere, sometime. 

When NewGraphs (out of business now) had one of their year-end fire sales years ago, I grabbed a few odds and end. They tended to have some great photo proof, but it didn't always do tons to drive their prices sky high. 

This was one of my random purchases - an Angela Lansbury 11 x 14 for $22. With exact photo proof, which clearly didn't really send the value into the stratosphere.

Love these types of shots. And no I don't think they add much to value.

Got one with Jody Foster/Jonathan Demme too, and I think it was maybe $35 - photo of Foster signing a number of things and exact proof on Demme. Fun stuff, and, to an extent it made me feel better about a good deal. But it certainly wasn't the end all, and, again, it didn't sent the value sky high.

NewGraphs were a great example of a legit seller. That's Patrick. He sold his full inventory recently and now he's basically just pushing Beckett to the masses for Grad full-time instead of dealing.

If I were a collector, I'd definitely be looking for exact proof as much as possible. Even now, while expanding our signature database for RACC auth, I don't source samples from unknown sources at all -- but if there's exact proof that shows the signature, I always take a look and consider it.

I like to search eBay for exact proof and see what's up there for new items every few weeks, mostly just because I enjoy seeing it and appreciate it when graphers can pull it off.

Exactly - I bought from Newgraphs because 1) I knew he was a very well-regarded IP collector and 2) because those December fire sale auctions had tons of steals. The photo proof (which was actually often quite good) was icing on the cake.

There are some sellers who do a nice job with it - jodeci, friendly stranger, buffy lover, norbsob, etc. It can be a good selling point when it is exact proof and a high quality photo and video. However, I also sometimes see sellers recycling old "proof" pics for items signed much later, and, I also see sellers overselling the value of them (i.e. items priced at several times their value. 

When I used to sell for an income, I'd price items with Exact Proof at double retail and let them act as long-term reputation builders for my store. Eventually they would sell, because there really aren't many exact items out there to compete with them.

I saw someone get a slightly irked Florence Welch with exact video proof at an airport a few years back on a CD. The autograph was just awful (not unusual since 2012), but there was the video proof. It sold for a couple hundred bucks. So, I guess it does work on occasion. Personally, I'd rather have a higher quality item.

Ah. Sloppy is sloppy I guess, regardless of proof.

One other big factor for exact proof, in my experience, was the speed at which items would sell.

I remember getting Roger Waters on a baseball with exact video and going home and lising and it sold an hour later for $600. That same week I sold a Daniel Radcliffe baseball with exact video for $400 in, same thing, just a few hours of being on eBay.

I always figured fast buyers felt like it was a rare chance to know an item was unquestionably real and they wanted to buy it before someone else did.

I guess it has higher value when the celebrity just never, ever signs nicely and hasn't for a long time (or never has). 

I've gotten photo proof incidentally on occasion. Maybe in certain situations it will pay off, but in most cases it just kind of enhances the memory of the item slightly.

I have to point out that the approach to photo/video proof seems to differ somewhat amongst collectors. There is one highly regarded seller who has plenty of videos, but it seems like they rarely, if ever, actually authenticate the item in question due to the chaos surrounding the event.

Here is mine. Paid a tiny premium if that. To me, this is "photo proof, and with the negatives as well as the original date-stamped March 2000 prints. Please click to see the "proof" part:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service