We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

B.B. King's autograph has been widely forged for decades. But now that King has released a statement that he's in hospice care, the flood of forgeries is starting to turn into a torrent.

This discussion is to help fans and collectors protect themselves from buying B.B. King forgeries. Post genuine autographs and suspected forgeries and copies, and help others by sharing your knowledge and experience.

Did B.B. King sign autographs for you in-person? If you did, also post them in Share Your B.B. King In-Person Autographs and Experiences, and share your stories!

Tags: authenticating, autographs, b.b. king, bb king, fake, forgeries, real

Views: 8143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry the autograph is not authentic. 

I suspected as much. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the help.

Not real unfortunately. Sorry.

Thanks.

Time for a refund.

Nigel,

I agree with J. Seah, but we may be able to help you get your money back. Where did you buy it and when? Could you post the COA please?

Thanks Steve,

I bought it from a charity auction for $2500.00, in Adelaide, South Australia on the 17th October, 2015.  The seller was/is Helping Hand Group.  The item has their COA on it (attached).  They have told me it was signed by BB King in San Francisco on August 19, 2014 but can't provide me with any proof.

I have attached  pic of the COA for what it's worth.

Please let me know if you have problems getting your money back. If you haven't contacted the charity who held the auction, that is a good place to start.

Here is one of my paintings that I got Signed in-person by BB King. The painting is long gone but I found a photo of it.

Very nice

Thank you Buddy

I am buying a Gibson hollowbody with BB Kings signature on it. Doesn't come with certification so I was hopeing someone could verify it before I go get it certified. Thanks!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

It looks good to me. It's not as free-flowing as he usually signed, but I think it's A-OK.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service