We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I won the the Tristar Hidden Treasures Babe Ruth Auto Baseball and was wondering how much do you think it is worth and what is the best way to sell it. It comes with a LOA from PSA/DNA

Views: 1787

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was there any type LOA from TriStar stating the ball came from their contest other than  the PSA/DNA LOA?

The ball came with a letter from Tristar congratulating me with the pull.

Hi Rick,

I am the one who sent you over here from blowoutcards.com , William Farrell is one of the ones I was talking about when I said "there are very knowledgeable Babe Ruth people over there". Auction House, and around 15k net profit is about what I was figuring, which why I told you to pass on your 10k offer you had over there and post it here for more opinions.

Ryan Maxwell, 2-4k may get you a Drew Max Ruth forgery special, not an authentic one even close to this condition!

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your assistance and recommendation.  I had to laugh at the 2k to 4k opinion, then he was offended that I laughed. I would love to find someone who would buy it without going through an auction, but I realize that probably is my best bet to get a reasonable offer.

Again, I updated my estimate to $5k after actually seeing the LOA. Until I see an LOA, I assume there is none.

I think the ball is in wonderful shape, almost too much so. I find the perfect looking stitching distracting for a baseball that is supposedly 75 years old. It makes the autograph seem that much lighter. In my opinion, the ball is no where the $15,000 figure everyone is throwing around. I would much rather have an official ball that shows it's age than this ball at the same price. I would grade the ball much higher than others and the signature lower.

I don't agree with the drastic pricing disparity over graded signatures. I'm much happier with an authentic signed Ruth at $4000 than a "perfect" Ruth at $35k+. He has signed both, is a clean ball and bold signature really worth a 10X premium or over $30-40,000?

I'm not trying to convince others, this is just my opinion. If I had $15k to spend on a Babe Ruth ball, this is most definitely not the ball I would choose. That being said, I'm sure there is one or two people out there that do have the money and may pay what you guys are suggesting. I just wouldn't agree with it. But again, I wouldn't pay a million dollars for a Honus Wagner baseball card, no matter how rare.

If you want the money being discussed, you should get the ball graded. Either way, it IS a great score. I would keep it as well. But I know if some told me it could bring $15-20k it would be hard not to sell! Than I could buy MANY Ruth signed items.

This topic has sparked a lot of discussion and that part is great. Let's just keep in mind this is my opinion and I'm not here on any official capacity.

Good luck on your decision and keep us updated on what you end up doing. If it is listed, I'll bid the first 5k!

Thanks Ryan, will do.

$5,500!

Babe Ruth balls selling for 2-5k are either forgeries or the signature is so bad you need a black light to see it. This is an incredible ball. 

I agree with Ryan, 2-4K is a very low estimate for a ball in this condition.  

Thanks!!

I really appreciate the insight that you provided. You could be my salesman, that was well said.

Id take out a loan to buy this ball at 4K because I think that'd be a steal.

Congrats on the win, did this come out of one of those "bags" that Tristar puts baseballs in?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service