We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I am considering buying my first Beatles autographed item. I have gone looking for supporting positive evidence and discovered it is a minefield. I would be grateful for any assistance. I would rather not name anyone or a company as I want to believe the following is an original. Yet some of your members have voiced strong opinions regarding individuals and I cannot understsnd why action has not been taken to protect reputations.

So my enquiry for which I welcome comments please:-

Could I be fortunate enough to have found the Revolver album signed by all four Beatles, each signing their own portrait? The ink is so crisp, so prominent after so many years.
Found in Arizona,it comes with a supporting Forensic report verifying the signatures from a renowned NY Examiner of Questioned Documents.

I would welcome any help please.

Many thanks,

Steve

Tags: Revolver, autographed, beatles, signed

Views: 3157

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is an american copy. How could it possibly be signed in England during a break on the set of Magical Mystery Tour? These weren't readily available for purchase in the UK. That alone makes tge odds for it being real low.
Hehe that was my thinking as well...

If I was this man, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a court house. I'd be afraid that they wouldn't let me out. Don't walk away from this piece. Run! Finding an authentic fully signed Revolver for anywhere near that price would be a miracle.

forgeries.  too neat and signature placement too convenient.

More "Forensic" BS.

I think people need to stop looking for "diamonds in the rough" when it comes to The Beatles autographs. As if someone has a real autograph and they are so stupid to not know its value that you just happen to get an amazing bargain. I'd say 99 times out of 100 you are looking at a forgery.

My advice is to seek out a reputable dealer, save up, spend the money, and get the real deal. Remember you get what you pay for. $15K for an amazing signed Revolver, screams forgery.

Steve you ask "why action has not been taken to protect reputations?"   Only one logical reason -- these forgers and "forensic document examiners" are frauds and there reputations aren't worth the fake paperwork they provide.  

I doubt any reputable auction house would even touch this -- where did you find it? 

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you asked about this before you bought it. According to our ongoing Band-Signed Beatles Album Census, only two genuine US release (Capitol Records) Revolver albums signed by all the Beatles are known. And only one UK release.

Others may come out over time, but these are all that are known to date.

BTW, I changed your title from Beatles Revolver to Beatles-Signed Revolver Album and posted the image of the album at the beginning of your post.

OMG I NEED THAT UK PRESS. haha

Is the forensic document examiner you're referring to Don Frangipani? You can read about him in this article about Operation Bullpen:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/absolutely-guaranteed-to-be-10...

Steve,

Here's another purportedly Beatles-signed Revolver album that's very similar to yours, except it has a different style of John Lennon autograph. It's being offered by Rock Star Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service