We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tags: Billy, Idol

Views: 13507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Meant to post the other day but forgot…I received an empty envelope in the mail from Newbury that I assume once contained my order. The envelope had come partially unsealed and was completely empty on arrival.

I refused delivery at suggestion of my mail person and emailed Newbury. I have to say, they were great- they responded quickly and agreed to replace right away. I guess they held some back and were able to replace my two. Should arrive Monday.

I think I read somewhere on here that their customer service was awesome and have to agree now…it may not have even been their fault (not sure if envelope wasn’t sealed properly or if some sticky fingers at post office along the way). 

You know what's funny is this is the first time I got a package from them and you could tell it was opened and resealed. Thought the autograph portion would be missing because I could tell the cd was still in there but guess whoever opened didn't like what they saw.

Interesting…and lol that the autograph was still there like you said.

Hope this is just random- maybe an issue with some of the envelopes or something- and nothing nefarious or ongoing. 

Was definitely not my mail carrier, as she’s a sweet lady who puts up with my many deliveries lol…but made me wonder what happened and was curious if anyone else had any issue. 

It could have just been the person at Newbury who forgot to add one part or another for all I know. I have ordered from them a couple hundred times over the last decade plus. And like I said it was the first time it was obviously opened. So it stuck out.

Right, I’m thinking it’s probably something like that. I’ve never had an issue with them either and feel they are one of the most reliable/trustworthy to deal with, especially after resolving this. 

That’s a lot of orders with them over a long time btw! I’m sure you’ve managed to score lots of cool stuff in that time. Wish I was aware of them sooner but gotten some good things since I’ve been following. 

Yeah before this forum it wasn't widely know about Newbury and it was use them or get your autographs in person pretty much, I have been collecting now for about 40 years. The one from Newbury that still sticks out to this day which is one I ordered on a whim was Lilly Allen's 'It's Not Me, It's You' cd. I had heard of her but didn't know much else. To this day is her biggest selling CD/vinyl.

Oh ok, nice…I’ve seen several things mentioned that would have been nice had I been following. But yeah, I became aware of them (and many others) through this site…I’ve been collecting off and on for about 15 years but started expanding collection (ie going crazy lol) in last 3 years or so, with help of this site. 

I have ordered 100's of times from them over the years and never had any issues with packages arriving until recently. A few months back, I ordered 7 or 8 records from them and when the box arrived, 6 of them had slid out of the side of the package and were missing. I emailed Newbury and they were very apologetic and sent out replacements the same day, no questions asked. Best customer service I've encountered.

I have also been ordering from Newbury for many years and although everything is usually perfect from them other than maybe a cracked case once in a while, the same thing did happen with my Alex Lifeson / Envy of None ones, the package showed up empty with only the receipt inside. you could tell that it had been opened and resealed. unfortunately, they didn't have any to replace them with but gave me a refund immediately and with no questions asked. I've received them like this from other companies as well over the years and sometimes it may be people stealing, I think sometimes it's just a case of a defective mailer where the glue doesn't stick well. and I will also vouch that their customer service is hands down the absolute best around. on top of always handling everything fast, they are also the only ones who admit when something is autopen and usually catch it and won't even ship. when I wrote them to tell them to watch the Hank Williams jr ones because his website sold Autopens, they checked them out and refunded everyone while admitting they were sent autopen. and on top of that apologized and gave me a 25% off coupon. the best company around imo 

Oh ok, I think it may have been your post I read about their customer service as that sounds familiar now. Sucks they didn’t have replacements for you. 

And I remember someone had written them about the Hank Williams Jr issue, resulting in them pulling them. I had ordered from Easy Eye and ended up with one of the few that didn’t look autopen or match others, but didn’t exactly look like his sig either…still wonder what I really have to this day. 

yeah but to be fair, when I wrote Newbury about the Hank Autopens they said quite a few people had already written them about it so apparently a bunch of us were all over it lol. still mad that I used that 25% off coupon for 1 backstreet boys cd instead of waiting until they got more stuff I wanted, and used it on a bigger order

Thanks to Newbury for resolving my issue, received today: 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service