We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 55522

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it’s about questioning his ability to sign that quantity- the last Mondo Scripto art print series had 6 editions of 495 each. I know the art prints are different than the books (especially in terms of the cost) but he can sign in large volumes. 

I see, understood. Yes, I’d feel much better if it were a release of 100 as the higher the number, seems more likely autopen involved. 

retailers are required to accept returns only if the sold good is defective or if they otherwise break the sales contract. This is a federal law. Most states have no rules about returns but it does differ by state. Some states like Florida require this wording to be clearly stated. 

I'm not defending Simon and Schuster at all but since they do not usually sell items themselves, it makes sense they add this wording to cover themselves in general. 

If these are in fact autopened, they break the contract and federal law states they must accept a return. 

Overall, this wording means nothing now that the listing specifically states these are hand signed.. hand signed by who is another story

I’m as skeptical as anyone on this after getting burned on the indigo fiasco but I for one am willing to spend more than the cost of the book on legal costs if it helps root out fraud and betters the hobby for everyone. Fraud is fraud and IF these prove to be autopen or anything other than hand signed by Bob himself their wording won’t mean Jack. If we don’t stand up to these companies this will never stop. 

That's where you break out the big stick.  I had AT&T try to play me once. I fileed an FCC complaint then called my congressman's office. But the next day I got a call from the offices of their corporate president.  Did the same thing when an airline dragged get on a refund during COVID.  A quick FAA complaint and a call to my rep to expedite.  Boom-money refunded.  There's more than one way to resolve things without a lawsuit.  Complaints with the FTC, your state attorney general, etc.  This is in addition to PayPal/credit card disputes. 

I love this thinking.. we need to take a stand somehow

You're probably right about an individual fighting for himself, but you can still make a claim through your method of payment. It could be a difficult process but you should be able to make a claim through your credit card. Chargebacks should be possible

Mine has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

Will you please post pics?

I decided to take the plunge, but mine is going to a forwarder. If it's fake I don't want another $7.50 down the drain for inspection costs, and if it's real I don't like a stranger handling my $600 book any more than necessaire.

I need to find one of the old emails from a retailer.. premier collectables for Alicia Keys autopens for example had a response stating in the lines of, "We have contacted the publisher and they have assured us that these books have been hand signed".. Im hesitant to believe anything at this point but for their sake, they had better hope these are 100% authentic.

I used to buy a lot from Premiere. Based on that one case with them I now use them only as a last resort.  I literally sent them pictures of 5 eBay auctions with the same exact Alicia Keys signature-including one of Premiere's eBay auctions. The only variation was color. 

And they still gave me that same line. "These are not auto penned. We were able to compare dozens upon dozens of different signatures and received confirmation from the author’s team that these were truly signed."  They knew they were lying.  They sent me a return label and allowed the return.  Although I heard later on they were letting some people keep the book and offering a refund.  I guess the return shipping labels were costing them a small fortune. 

Ah, you are right. I think it was the dolly autopens where the retailer said specifically that the publisher states these were real.. premiere may not have blamed the publisher specifically for alicia

I havent bought from premiere in a long time and never thought I would again but regardless of everything that has happened, Dylan is worth the gamble and definitely worth the hassle for a refund if fake. If Simon and Schuster has the Nards to actually still go through with sending autopens, there will still be some good to come out of this. Other publishers will patiently watch as consumers tear Simon and Schuster down. They will always have these events in their mind whenever the use of autopens are mentioned in the future. 

This is why I refuse to let up on the Indigo incident. That event alone must be recorded, addressed and shared everywhere possible on social media. How else are these deceptive practices finally going to end?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service