We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 55509

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do you know? I have a Mondo Scripto and the autograph doesn’t look identical to any other I’ve seen thank god, but how are you so sure?

> be Bob Dylan

> your advisors tell you not to worry about the autopen books being sold in your name

> Rolling Stone, Variety and NME rake you over the coals

> autopens found out, community shook

> accusations of art prints being faked

> (you are here)

> ???

> reputation and legacy ???

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY  crazyrabbits23 !!!

A BIG +1

"Now, yonder stands a man in this lonely crowd A man who swears he's not to blame All day long I hear him shouting so loud
Just crying out that he was framed
I see my light come shining From the west down to the east Any day now, any day now
I shall be released"

I refused fedex delivery & now it is being returned to S&S. I was supposed to receive it again yesterday,,then today.. Now it is being returned to sender. I wish I accepted it, but I am happy with refund

Good job! There are 4 of these that I did not update on the original post.. this makes 17 total. I will update the original post now

with the story being everywhere, and all of us getting refunds, the question is will anyone try to sell autopenned signatures again?  I wonder.  Seems like It has almost become a 50-50 chance the last few years that the signature will be hand signed.  Who's gonna keep ordering after this?

This could have been a calculated risk, especially after the order from Indigo was pulled. These books were nothing special compared to the regular edition, so production costs were minimal and the potential reward per book was high.

Next time we might see an attempt with a "better" autopen.

Wasn't worth the hit to Dylan's/S&S' reputation, IMO, especially considering the latter just got another black mark against them this week when the planned Penguin/S&S merger fell through before the appeal process.

LOL... A "better" autopen...that is a great one!

My guess is there will be more autopens in the future but they'll be more careful with their wording. We won't be seeing "hand-signed"

More likely that they will introduce a set of randomness to the autopen so each sig looks different.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service