We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

It's a first come first served. The signed copies will be allocated in chronological order based on the date and time of purchase. So it's not guaranteed you will get a signed one.

EDIT: It's presumed to be SOLD OUT.

https://www.easons.com/surrender-bono-9781529151787

Views: 54541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like they have 20k+ followers on twitter. But they never mentioned signed copies which is good. However the book looks to have been available for preorder since May. So do they start giving those old preorders first dibs on the signed copies?

https://twitter.com/search?q=bono%20(from%3Aeasons)&src=typed_query

edit, hyperlink isn't working for some reason. but it shows all the posts Eason's made with the word Bono in it. i think if you highlight and copy the whole thing may work.

I have no idea when they added the message about the signed copies. It used to say "Pre-order a signed exclusive edition. While stock lasts.". They took it down a few hours after I posted on this forum, which is a good sign. But that could simply be because a lot of us contacted them and started complaining.

I know, but I've seen businesses before give signed copies to preorders placed before the signed copies were advertised. Otherwise the people who ordered early will end up complaining when they find out lol. Always someone mad/disappointed one way or another.

Ordered mine with paypal right when you posted it. I got my shipping info yesterday. I will probably just return it if it isn't signed as paypel still covers return shipping until the end of November.

Good point. Yeah, we're probably screwed if they are going to give it to everyone in Ireland who ordered since May.

Since May?! No chance then. How many signed copies did they even have?

I can 100% confirm that it didn't say anything about it being signed back in May. So if they really just added that part early this month then they should have enough to cover around when we ordered. Guess we will know real soon when you UK folks get yours.

Isn't it legal it said while stocks last and they removed the message after some of us placed an order.

So would it not be proper to actually remove that once those are gone.

it is rather lazy to say they can't tell you if it is signed or not. If I paid by PayPal I will open a case I saved proof when I placed the order of what the website showed.

3 Oct 4:05pm UK time is when I got my confirmation email of ordering. How early was I.

Mine was at 15:22 UK Time.

I'm still fighting with my 1st and 2nd PayPal claim so I have very limited experience but ive heard from others that your invoice needs to say its a signed version to be able to make a claim with PayPal. Can anyone comment if this is true? 

If this was available since may, they must have changed the description for signed copies at some point. A site like this should have a system in place where they know internally what orders to start from. Someone knows exact numbers but either they want to withhold that info from us, or the people we talk to just wernt given that information from internally. That's just my opinion based on what Ive learned from reading about other signed book releases from Eason. I believe if you ordered one when the description said its a signed copy, chances are good you will receive one, especially those who ordered earlier. 

We've just seen something similar with Rizzoli books and the Peter Gabriel autographs. People are starting to receive their signed copies from the 1st batch. I ordered from their 2nd release. Its shipped now. Although, unlike Eason, our invoice before purchase actually did say it was a signed version, we were still ordering from the same link where unsigned versions are sold and not many of us received an email confirmation at all. It feels totally blind and they are not replying to my emails. Since people are in fact receiving signed copies, they know what they are doing internally, I have to think a store like Eason for sure does as well.. we won't know for sure until we receive them, but I like our chances

Easons accepts returns either way. In this case I'd just be using paypal to help cover return shipping costs. I wouldn't be actually filing a claim with them.

Thankfully I've only ever done a couple paypal "item not as described" claims over the years and had no issues. I have heard countless times that they almost always side with the buyer over seller if the claim is filed properly. But perhaps things have changed.

"I believe if you ordered one when the description said its a signed copy, chances are good you will receive one, especially those who ordered earlier. "

That was also my conclusion. This is probably my only chance of getting a signed book anyway. We'll see.

Send a Screenshot of what you saw when you placed the order - if you saw 'Signed' then that's what you should receive irrespective of what bollocks Easons or all these other companies say to try and wriggle out of the claim, these are fraudulant basic bait and switch tactics and they need to be stopped before all online sellers start doing it!  

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service