We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A few years back when I was just getting into autographs, I bought thousands of dollars worth from a dealer who also gave me a certificate of authenticity. A person at a major auction looked at them and said that they were fake. Now I can’t get my money back. Any suggestions?

Views: 2199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. Yes. He also told me that he has sold his entire collection of autographs and he hasn’t been paid yet, so he has no money or autographs to replace the bad ones with(not that I would trust him to do that).

I'm confident that with the right lawyer you'll get your money back Mitch...his website is full of forged items so won't be hard to disprove once it's looked into

When you say you can't get your money.. Are they refusing to refund you or can't you find them? Also, who is the major auction who looked them over that you mentioned? 

I asked for my money back last summer. He says that he has no money and has not sent me a penny. He also rarely answers the phone when I call. I haven’t reached him since August, I just keep leaving messages. I showed the autographs to Giles Moon who is an appraiser and currently works for Bonhams. He told me that they looked fake.

Some definate red flags there! Maybe get Giles Moon to write his appraisal up and pay for another at one of the tpa's mentioned above also.. Then contact a lawyer.

Please post the dealers name and Coa on here so you can prevent this from happening again. Hope you get your money back.. All the best 

I do have an email from Giles that says that they look fake and he wouldn't touch them. Do you think this is sufficient or do I need much more?

I'm sure that's fine from him but I'd definitely contact jsa and the like as a court would require these. Maybe get some advice from a lawyer prior to requesting or paying for further evidence..maybe the guy from Bonhams may be enough. His website looks riddled with forgeries.. The Michael Jacksons are horrendous! First stop.. Get advice and or paperwork stating not genuine 

Here's a photo of the guy so people recognise him in future...

This person sold only "merda"

Haha that words too good for it!

Is that his hometown newspaper? I'd contact them and let them know a different side of the story. Show them a link to this discussion. Who knows, it might peek their interest.

Now that is a great idea Joe! I'd check with a lawyer first but good one!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service