We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all

Would please love some expert opnions on this Bowie signed Labyrinth LP.

Thanks

Tags: Bowie

Views: 2761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've personally observed many left-handed artists doing that downward angle thing, especially in a hurry (possibly to avoid smudging the autograph with their hand or sleeve).

Bowie was left-handed, wasn't he?

I already mentioned it, but the first Bowie in this thread is clearly written with a ballpoint pen. Signing a hard glossy surface, like an album, with a ballpoint pen isn't easy.

+1 - obviously don’t want to call this OP authentic because it’s too faded to tell.

But as I posted earlier, Bowie has one of the most inconsistent signatures in the 90s (ie. the IP Labyrinth poster I posted earlier) - therefore analyzing angles and stuff doesn’t always necessarily apply. Especially in the crowd.

Say it’s one you wouldn’t buy or don’t collect, but to call it outright fake imo is just flat out a disservice. Here’s a Bowie in my collection a friend got in NYC in the 90s-2000s - super inconsistent but authentic  

Last post - based on the sellers stock and other geniune Bowie’s for sale, it’s unwarranted and careless to say the OP is ‘100% fake’. The correct determination for this item, imo, is inconclusive. 

The second Labyrinth poster signed on page one is a genuine Bowie 91.

According to my Bowie "stalking" tracker he was in Berlin in October 17th and 18th with Tin Machine. and this autograph has every single Tin Machine era nuance - too difficult to fake.

The first one is probably not genuine IMO - it looks more like a poor 1983 attempt but Labyrinth was not filmed until 1986 - the top half of the B looks reasonable but the rest fades into nothing that I have seen before at the end and I would not purchase it.

I cannot comment on the Jennifer autographs.

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen a nicely signed Labyrinth item from Bowie?

Never...

Happy to see MarkG comment as always much appreciated. And brings some confirmations to the table.

Here's my original comment;

"you can think whatever makes you happy Matt

Is that supposed to be Bowie in the faded ink?

That is not Bowie if someone told you it is"

IMO this OP Bowie leans towards Fake. There is enough ink there to see it clearly and make a good enough judgement. 

Hopefully we are not going to start worrying about how people comment and pick the wording apart. That's just asking for unnecessary problems

Also...

Nazli commented that the Jennier Connolly was 100% Fake

She did NOT say the Bowie was 100% Fake

I commented on Bowie, Nazli commented on Connolly. She said she had never seen a Bowie like that and calculated both as being fake based on her observations. 

People are reading the comments wrong

@goodcat

Nazli wrote:

Both signatures are fake. I mean come on”.

and

”Can't believe Registered dealers are selling these as genuin”

plus

that the item description should say "i tried to forge them both in berlin" instead of ”I obtained both in Berlin”.

How is that not the same as saying that Bowie also is 100% fake? 

If anything, there's NOT enough ink to make a conclusive judgement.

Anyway, I don't consider these discussions competitions to see whose lucky guess gets most upvotes or whatever. I like reading people's informed opinions on tricky autographs, like this one.

Well, yes, Bowie was left handed.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service