We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Are you guys interested in cataloguing all Morrison's checks that have been offered so far? Ill go through my archives and post what I have soon, including my own (my first JM sig ever, approved by PSA/DNA not that it needed of course..but its one of the few approved that I have seen).

now how much is a signed check worth to me ? Around 4-6.5k$ depending on : Date/type of sig (full or not)/ condition/ look of the signature.

To be honest the most pretty ones and boldest I have seen are JackGotLucky one first and then I think my own.

Mine is also signed by some "Susan Minor" whom I still have not identified yet. If anyone has any additional Info on her/him I would be grateful!

Views: 1054

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure of date, again...

That's a total of 37 of them if none were repeated. Hopefully Ballroom can add what's missing and fill in some of the missing dates...

probably already said, but check out recordmecca

why would we do that? you think Jeff Gold would know?lol
So it's safe to say the cheques are the bulk of Jims signature!
How much was you letter, morisson123?
Morrison !!

I think you are right but he could have signed more private poetry books than checks and fewer examples have surfaced so far as they could be hoarded,lost or forgotten somewhere. Let me elaborate. We know Jim sent signed copies to friends and journalists. if he signed hypothetically 5-10% (or somewhere in between) out of each private poetry book we are talking about 55 - 110 signed/inscribed copies. He could have signed that much of checks but they simply hadn't any sentimental value to anyone so they could have simply be thrown out more easily.

I cannot disclose the value of the letter, it certainly was one of my biggest expenses for a Morrison item. Its an amazing historical piece really which I wanted from the first time I started collecting.

Morrison you ate a rich person to have a letter signed and written by jim morrison... The letter wa in a past rrauction if i don't wrong...

yeap that's where I got it from Tiz

amazing to see this really , it shows the evolution of his sig and once again confirms the authenticity of tbose checks , having being signed in the similar style depending on the period

I think cataloging all of Morrison's endorsed or signed checks is an excellent idea.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service