We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, but since finding it, I feel like I am starting to learn a lot. Thank you so much! I was wondering if you might be able to help me authenticate this Christopher Reeve autograph? I want to preface this by saying I have not had a reason to doubt Shawn Blanchette from "A Wrinkle in Time (AWIT)" but for piece of mind would appreciate any information that can be given. Here is what I know to this point...

I met Shawn at a one of the Creation Cons in Chicago in 2010 and asked if they had a Christopher Reeve autograph. She said she did in her personal collection and as we continued talking I asked if she was associated with the UACC and she said she used to be (don't remember if just a member or a dealer) and then we started talking about authenticating services such as PSA/DNA, JSA, etc. which she didn't seem to be a fan of due to the potential margin of error.

After the convention she contacted me with information about this autograph that she said she received in-person on May 26, 1993 at the El Capitan theater during the premiere of "Life with Mikey". I tried to do my homework but I couldn't find any information to confirm or deny. The closest I found was the premiere would've been close to that time and of course the time period was before Reeve's accident. I know this is a dumb thought, but, this information, her being a dealer at a reputable con with asking $500, my limited knowledge of his signature, and a nice frame with paper backing, double mat, etc. it seemed to be potentially authentic. I know the frame doesn't matter but my initial thought was, "Why would someone spend a decent amount of money (including Superman colors for the double mat) if it wasn't authentic?" Sorry, I know I am sounding dumb right now...

Again I am not trying to question the dealer, in fact, I have bought other items from her since but since this the center of my Superman collection I just want to get your expert opinion. Also, if in your expert opinion you believe it to be real, how do I check the mat to make sure it is acid free and verify that the glass is UV resistant. Thank you for your time and I am sorry about this extremely long-winded question.

Tags: AWIT, Blanchette, Christopher, Reeve, Superman

Views: 2693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Steve. Neither of the Reeve's are authentic. I would definitely get a refund.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service