We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey everyone!

I am new here.  Not new to collecting but starting to take it VERY serious and trying to learn as much as possible!

I'm looking into these two autographs from Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis (pictured below.)

The Chuck Berry: 8x10 image

• Registered dealers with the UACC (RD#212)
  • Come with a certificate of authenticity from Mike Munns Autographs.

2 RED FLAGS: This seems to be a very tough signature.

This dearlers sharpie colors tend to be VERY convenient. (dark picures with light sharpies, light pictures with dark sharpies.)

The Jerry Lee Lewis: 8x10 image

• UACC Registered Autograph Dealer #192
  • Certificate of Authenticity (COA) provided (I'm not sure whose on it though)

RED FLAG: Seller has 3 of these in stock.  I just don't see the Killer sitting there railing off a bunch of Autographs for someone to sell.

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible!

Thanks & Happy Collecting,

Joey

Tags: &, Berry, Chuck, Jerry, Lee, Lewis, Rock, Roll

Views: 5295

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep.. waiting on someone else who is familiar with Jerry Lee's signature before I send the "rare" records to him.  

thanks

Mark

Mark - If it helps, I saw JLL in NYC around 4-5 years ago or so.  I showed him this photo and asked him to sign it but his assistant Judith said he wasnt feeling up to par to stand in the street and sign.  She gave me an address to send it to (PO BOX 675) and asked me to put ATTN: Judith on the address.  I told her I didnt want to send a piece like this with Cash & Perkins already on it and risk losing it or having a false signature on it.  She assured me JLL would sign and return it as long as I included a SASE.  Took about a month and I got it back.  It looks good  from comparing it to a JLL in person I had before.  At the time, she did not request a fee but also asked me not to give out the address.  I guess things have changed since then.  Anyway, use it as a comparison and maybe Roger could also help out.  (he signed it on his shirt sleeve). 

Thanks Steve for the reply.  It does look the same.. … hoping Roger to chime in.. :)

Mark

Yup - I think you are golden.  Odd thing is the PO Box was the one earlier mentioned in this thread.  675.  Possibly he has 2.

The one I sent it to was.. 

PO BOX 394

and that was the return address that was had written on the package.

this one looks like a real JLL autograph

Roger, are you referring to the Million Dollar Quartet photo?

yes

The bridged "r's"really is odd and the signature just looks female to me.  It's just too neat and detailed

Hey Roger - Did you see the back of the check??  you are thinking that was also signed by a woman, the same who signed the album??

thanks

Mark

Also - what are your thoughts on this one Roger..  signed by the same one who signed mine?? This was also obtained through the mail...

thanks!

MArk

Its a little hard to see but a huge red flag is him writing "Killer" as I have only heard of him signing his once and that was for a friend of his.  I may have the image in my archives but from what I have heard he doesn't like to sign with that nickname.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service