We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Clint Eastwood's signature is one that, like other autographs, requires careful evaluation before making a purchase.  He's 82 now, so there very surely has been different variations of his signature.  I found some authentic-looking exemplars; feel free to share your in-person or any other example you may have acquired, past or present. Please try to upload images big enough to examine closely.

Thanks

yhst-96138715767537_2214_151807742KGrHqFoEE9ggNEJjwBPjbTRoZO60_3

Tags: autograph, clint eastwood, signature study, study

Views: 20707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are a bunch of obtained in-person 100% authentic Clint's from the last 4 years or so. Most were obtained in NYC but some were obtained in GA this year on the set of Trouble With The Curve.

WOW! Thanks for these. This seems to be the clearest and neatest he's signed in decades! I don't remember seeing them looking this nice for a long, long time! Look at those Es...

Michael- are you are willing to sell the last piece ? If so let me know and we can figure out the details.

some of these look obviously fake to me. I will try to upload my movie poster that I had Clint sign in 2012 at a charity event. It doesn't seem to match any of these pictured. Give me a day to upload my in-person autograph from Clint.

Cheers,

Doug

Hey Doug, it will be great to have more examples.

I believe second and third photos that were in the discussion are authentic.  Especially the second in my opinion, as it is a typical Eastwood that you would get from Clint in person.

Hi Mike,

I actually didn't read the whole thread, just saw those 1st 5 photos and responded.

So I just took 2 photos of the movie poster I had Clint sign. The second one is the close-up.

I should mention that I've noticed people sign differently based on the size of the object you hand them.....for example I have a collection of SF Giants baseball signatures that I have gotten in person and they will usually sign neater and larger with bigger items like 8x10's compared to them signing a baseball...it's a noticeable difference.

So maybe because I had such a large poster, he was able to give a really nice signature on it.

Hope this helps and it's nice to be part of this forum now

Thanks,

Doug

Attachments: No photo uploads here

What charity event was this?

Hi JXE,

I was trying to respond earlier with my android phone but apparently I could see responses, but not reply to them with my smartphone. Had to wait til I got home to respond.

Anyway, I wanted to respond that the Charity/fundraiser event that I attended last year was at Oakland Tech High School where Clint went to High School. I was hired as a bartender for the event and heard from staff that he might be attending...so I brought my Flags of Our Father poster with me to get signed in case he showed up. He did and I was very happy about that.

So I don't know what to make of these autos that you guys think are secretarials..that look like the one I saw him sign.....I don't know how secretarials work....does someone copy his signature on items?...At least I know mine is authentic, but now realize I shouldn't speak on the others since I was unaware of the large number of not authentic signatures.

someone please fill me in on how secretarials work? so I know for the future.

Thanks,

Doug

Hello,

A secreterial signature is primarily one that's done through the mail that's "authorized" by the celebrity, but not signed in his/her hand. Sometimes it can happen onsite as well, in an event where memorabillia is collected and brought "backstage" or into another room for signing, and it is then signed secreterial instead of by the celebrity.

That doesn't mean that all through the mail autographs are fake. But many of the big names are. In another thread you posted art from Pete Docter. That's real, obviously. I got the same kind of thing from him a while back. It's excellent that he does such cool stuff for his fans.

Wow! Thanks for the info JXE,

I had no idea that someone could be onsite signing for him...that really sucks to know now....feel like just getting rid of the poster now :(

Here how's it went that night: ..since I was working the charity event as a bartender,  I took a break and got the poster from my car then gave it to the event host to have Clint sign it for me.....so I didn't personally witness him signing it. A little later, the host brought the poster back to me. God, I'm kind of pissed now thinking he had an assistant sign this for him..what the hell...who does that? It's not like there were that many people he had to sign for.

Well I appreciate the input of those who know his secretarial signature like you and I guess now I can just throw this poster away....this really sucks and so does Clint Eastwood...lazy bastard.

Cheers,

Doug

In-person autograph of Clint
One more in-person auto

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by