We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I was told that there was a Dale Earnhardt Sr. signed tire on Pawn Stars last night.  And that drew Max was called in to authenticate it. 

Does anyone have a video link or image of the segment? 

I'm quite sure that Drew is not fluent in NASCAR autographs.  I can't make a comment about the autograph until I see it though.

If you have an image or video, please post it here.

Tags: Autograph, Drew, Earnhardt, Max, NASCAR, Pawn, Signed, Stars

Views: 47841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw the episode and I'm not that familiar with Earnhardt's signature, but I thought it looked good.  It was odd that Max drew part of his conclusion based on Earnhardt supposedly being able to rest his hand on the tire, therefore according to Max, the signature is no good.  Nice assumption.  I even yelled out to my wife that this idiot was touching the signature, I can't believe how these supposed experts handle items.

I just wish we could find the owner. He needs to know that his item is real

The producers of the show should have a moral obligation to correct the situation and at very least, contact the seller and let him know about the error.  They definitely have his information.

They are fully aware. I have doubts about the "pawn shop" folks though. It is Vegas after all.

Brandon, we have a family friend who does their newspaper advertising in Vegas.  He told us that every time he stops by, the main people (father, son, grandfather, and the dufus friend) are never there.  It is always people you never see on the show.

That doesn't surprise me. They aren't hard to see through.

During the mid 1990's I was able to get Dale's autograph via correspondence.  He was an easy signature at that time.  A lot of people were sick and tired of him winning, and I remember the showers of boos he would receive during pre-race ceremonies at Talladega. 

The 2000 race at Talladega was quite different though.  A huge pack of cars 3 and 4 wide for most of the race.  Dale passed some 18 cars in the final 3 laps to take the checkered flag.  The crowd went into a frenzy, and everyone in the grandstands (myself included) felt that they had witnessed greatness.

I was able to get 4 signatures from Dale (1 Traxx card, 1 1987 Daytona 500 Ticket Stub, and 2 index cards).  I gave 1 signature to my brother, 1 to my nephew, and 1 to my old college roomate.  

Good eye Brandon!  I disagree with some who think that you can't authenticate by a scan or video.  As long as the autograph is not printed (which can be assumed with a tire) an expert can tell.

Hi all, new user.  I came here because I saw that Pawn Stars episode, and as a Dale Earnhardt fan, I've seen his signature a million times.  Mainly from facsimile of course, but to me, both by the look, and how the guy got it (apparently sending it to DEI), I felt it was real.  I don't know how accredited that expert is, but I think he got this one wrong.

While I am here, would anybody be able to tell me if this signature is real?  It's from an 8x10 I got a few years before Dale died.  My father owned a sports card store, and he had been buying a number of celebrity photo's from a mainstream site which I think sold out of a popular memorabilia magazine.  He used to get stuff from a few sources, but always tells me he really never knew what was real, for certain.  The sticker on the photo says Racing Reflections....

Welcome to the site! Please join the NASCAR section and join in the weekly give-a-way

Now, I'm sorry to say that the photo you posted is a common forgery. It is a style I have seen many times before and they have been removed from eBay many times as well. The hologram is on every racing reflections photo. RR is still around even though they don't put out as many photos as they once did.

Sorry for the bad news. Still, thanks for coming to the site! Have fun here!

what tips it off?  I always thought it looked too neat, and too squashed together.  I have a card he signed by me sending it to I guess DEI years ago, and it was pretty swirlly and messy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service