We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everyone,

I will be very pleased if you give me your views for this David Bowie autograph. 

Thank you for time to everyone who will reply :-)

Views: 2868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Eric.

This second I am already solving with paypal as it is not too long I bought it. I am not scared about getting money back. I thought it is fake for some weeks. 

Neither one is from Billy Smith from Florida but it seems sellers I have it from bought it from him. 

I actually wrote with Andy from https://davidbowieautograph.com/ but he said I have to put it here to get more views. :-) He is sure both are fakes too.

I am try to get original from Bowie for years. As I am not too old, in the past I had not enough money for it. Do not believe I am still able to know the real original after all because with first I was sure it is Bowie. 

Yes, those were resold (for a reason). Many of the ones I have sold are at Andy's site. I believe he would agree with my assessment as well. You can indeed get Bowie - patience. I have helped two members here score Bowie for $100 and another under $40. It takes time and vigilance, constant looking and getting opinions from Bowie collectors. What is your budget? I also have a signature study posted here if you want a link.

Eric, if you can help to get original one, I will be absolutely happy. 

My budget is around $300, if it will be cheaper it would be great of course but mainly looking for photo - no paper or LP. I will greatly appreciate if it will be signature from 1999 and photo of Bowie from his 1983-1988 era but not term. And will be very great if collector will be originally from Europe as it is better for avoiding customs duties. I was looking at this https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAVID-BOWIE-original-signiert-11x16cm-SAMM... but I think I know what you will tell me. :-D

I saw you in a many topics where you helped so I saw a study too. :-)

Sorry if my English is really bad. I feel bad in everything I am doing right now. :-))

It will be a long wait, likely, to find a signed photo at that price with that date of those years. I might suggest  considering this - they are very nice:

David Bowie's personal ISOLAR business card signed 1993 (3x5).

Nice but if you will understand I have no feelings for white paper. I would be happy for the photo I can look at. 

What do you think about link above? https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAVID-BOWIE-original-signiert-11x16cm-SAMM...

To me, that "paper" is a business card and bears what is likely a design by Bowie himself. Mark G would likely know. 

The forgery you just linked to bears no resemblance to David Bowie's signature at all. It is also much to cheaply priced. 

I understand but I am not collector, I am fan so I think I can not appraise business card as a collector can.

Thank you, MarkG posted a link to me below so I will focus on that. But I really hope I will not get scammed again.

You said there is possibility to get Bowie for good price, so it can be even cheap or not? :-))

The thread linked HERE - every Bowie there is a forgery - some are certified.

Thank you Eric for your help.

Is there any way at all to buy a genuine autograph of Bowie?
Of course I know a lot of Bowie autographs are forgeries but some - just in the style I sent here - I thought they were real. I am ashamed and I do not consider myself competent enough to continue to judge correctly as I am just fan who really (VERY) wanted to have a piece o my life idol, I am not expert :-(

Certainly there is a way. What is your budget? I have helped several people here get good Bowie signatures. I have none for sale right now I am sorry. 

This is the last one I sold - a CD gatefold - very scarce late date 2010 signature:

Sara: please, do not feel ashamed about purchasing fake Bowie autographs. The people here welcome your questions and are always willing to help, without judgment. Most of us, even the best collectors, at one time or another, have been fooled. And that is one of the big reasons we've banded together, to help others who share the same passion for their favorite artists and to help prevent purchasing of forged items. Good luck with your search and thank you for sharing your experience. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service