We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Death of a Salesman 1951 Fredric March signed as Willy Loman w Original Still

Hi All,

I found the perfect still to go with my signed 1951 Death of a Salesman candid of Fredric March on the set with Mildred Dunnock during the making of the film. Signed as "Willie Loman (FM)". Candid photo by Lippmann. I love the vintage stuff! The candid shows March and Dunnock relaxing while shooting the scene in the original still below!

Image 1 - FREDRIC MARCH DEATH OF A SALESMAN ORIGINAL VINTAGE STANLEY KRAMER FILM STILL

That is Royal Bean as Willy's brother Ben in the original still. Arthur Miller did not like this version. He felt March played Willy as a madman. However, I like this first film. It is interesting for a 1951 adaptation. This was Kevin McCarhy's first film - he played Biff. Mildred Dunnock played Linda in the 1st Broadway run in 1949 all the way uo until the 1960's version with Lee J. Cobb as Willy and George Segal as Biff and a very young Gene Wilder as Bernard. Bernard was also played by Dustin Hoffman. who eventually played Willy in the Broadway revival and subsequent 1985 film.

Here is a link to the full film! :) It is a classic. Enjoy!

Death of a Salesman 1951

Tags: 1951, Death, March, Miller, Salesman, a, of, original, still

Views: 78

Reply to This

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service