We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi guys! I recently purchased a flyer signed by Bruce Springsteen and Clarence Clemons from the 'Born to Run' tour. I'm planning on getting it framed as I personally think it's to nice to store away. The question is this, if framed should I split the page to have both Bruce's and Clarence's upright or cover over Clarence's autograph and instead have a copy of the autograph displayed to keep the original intact? I'm genuinely torn on this one so any opinions or suggestions are very welcome!

Views: 587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Aaron,

Is the flyer intact or has it been trimmed? If it's already been trimmed significantly I think it's OK to separate it if you don't want to frame it horizontally with the autographs at the side.

You posted a discussion earlier asking for authenticity opinions on this. Did you get responses? I don't know early Springsteen.
You could make a copy and show the 2 together.
Hi guys, no I got no responses regarding authenticity but I had a feeling it might be genuine based on other examples from that period and a group member who I feel is fairly accurate when it comes to Springsteen autographs had PM'd me about it.

Based on that I went ahead and purchased it the only drawback being that the Clarence autograph is upside down. As far as I'm aware the flyer has been trimmed but if spilt I'm worried that the value might be affected not only that but being a fan of Springsteen I kind of like that their both on the same page as of their close friendship. So I'm stumped with this one? I don't think there's any display options to get around this though apart from spilt or copy.

You wouldn't be interested in mounting it horizontally? 

You can get an online opinion from Roger Epperson for $15, who's great on Springsteen. roger@rogerepperson.com. The sooner you're sure it's OK the better.

You could mount it to a spinning wheel and see where it lands.
Haha at this point I think the spinning wheel is a viable option! Never considered horizontal Steve, it could work. I think that's the only option which will keep both autographs in view and maintain the original sheet without splitting. I'll make mock up displays and post them here for opinions.

I'd say verify that it is 100% authentic, then make copies of both signatures. File the original away someplace safe, and matte the two copies, however you want them with whatever image you like.

Not only will you be able to hang it anywhere you would like, with no worries about lighting fading the piece, you will also save a small fortune on proper acid free framing materials & UV glass. 

That's a brilliant idea Pete! Never crossed my mind. With your suggestion in my mind (and the fact it was signed in the 'Born to Run era) I'll more than likely go with the following display. 

Aside from flipping the signatures, Clarence on left under his image and Bruce on right under his image......I think you nailed it.

But that is just me being slightly OC with my displays.

Thanks Pete! Yeah I noticed that too when trying out different ideas Pete. Once I seen it I couldn't un-see it! But I like the image too much to not use it (tried flipping it horizontally to match the autograph positions, looked terrible). Personally I also prefer the larger autograph to be on the left, kind of like reading left to right. Taking all the above into account I think I've settled on the display lol.

Will you copy or frame the original?
Going to go with the copies. Don't want to cut the original, as Pete said I'll save on framing costs and once behind the glass nobody will know the difference... Apart from me and you guys lol.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service