We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Do you see anything unusual about these two Jackie Robinson signatures?

Trust me, this is not a set up.  I am asking for your honest opinions about these two signatures.  I will tell you why I am asking after I get some replies.  Please study them carefully.  They were listed simultaneously on two different sites.

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for all of the comments.  Here is the story. I purchased the slabbed item in good faith, and after paying for it, I was searching the internet for another JR signature that showed the loop in the "b".  I was floored when I found the index card, with JSA sticker, for sale on another site. I immediately informed the seller (this about an hour after I paid) and asked him NOT to ship it.  Well he did anyway.  I put in a complaint thru ebay, won it, sent it back using Ebay's prepaid label, and the delivery was refused.  So I am now working thru Paypal to get my money back.  I no longer have item, but they want me to prove my case.  to me its a no brainer.  but again, thanks for the comments and that's the story!

Which card company produced the slabbed cut signature? And when was it produced? 

I found this one on Etsy. He sold it as "hand made" 1982 TCMA card which was modified.  This seller clearly stated that it was a facsimile signature on vintage paper. I'm guessing yours was made by the same person. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/227850906/signed-jackie-robinson-card-...

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Wow just started reading this. They are also going to do other players so unscrupulous people can buy them and try to resell them as the real thing. Wonder if this clown bought it and is trying to pass it on or is a scammer. If he was honorable he wouldn't have done what he did. And he picked the wrong guy to do this to!Sorry this happened Terrier,this is the kind of experience that puts you off collecting. Of course I know it wont deter you,glad you won it!

Thanks Ian, I won the case, but still haven't gotten reimbursed.  Not a fun transaction at all!

this is interesting, its the same card that was used for my fiasco.  seems like the seller of mine got duped, and made up the story about how it was obtained.

This is a new and dangerous virus to hit autograph collecting.  In the future if they can use advanced printers to print on old card stock or paper, or real photographs an exact image like this. What scares me is with technology advancing in the future will there be computer programs that will be able to forge?  If a program can be fed dozens or even hundreds of genuine scanned images would it be able to create something that could fool anyone?  Just my Twilight Zone thought for the day.

This kind of stuff makes me sick. The guy has "Hand crafted" cuts for Ruth, DiMaggio, Ali and even some modern players. I guarantee we will be seeing these fakes on eBay for years. 

Scott, I think we are almost there already. I fully expect that one day we will hear about some crafty and unscrupulous jerk who wrote some software and modified a specialty printer that produced forgeries that fooled all the TPAs. There is too much money to be made. I think it's bound to happen.  

Provenance is going to be very important long term. It's why I won't buy anything where the only thing backing up the autograph is PSA or JSA opinion cert. I don't really trust them and I fear more and more people won't trust them years from now.  

With a small base to work from there could be new variants of first and last names and interspersed with different "new" inscriptions!

Eric

I would add, I think a Jackie Robinson autograph is a great add to a collection if you can get one at a good price. He is much more Iconic than Jordon.

Here is another of this sort of thing - this on "vintage paper". Seller is up front, but this stuff can cause problems.

Eric

I see that being flipped on eBay as real in the not too distant future.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service