We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

In spring 2016, I sold this 2-disk Scarface Anniversary Edition DVD set to a member here in Buy/Sell/Trade, with a guarantee it would pass PSA/DNA or JSA or their money back, including authentication fees.

The buyer asked me to send it to PSA after they bought it, and it didn't pass. I have no doubts on its authenticity, because it was signed by Pacino for his good friend and collaborator, author and interviewer Lawrence Grobel.

Larry is also a good friend of mine, who wrote many popular cover stories and lead features for Autograph & Autograph Collector magazines.

Pacino signed a lot of things for him over the years, and Larry gave this to me when he wrote the piece on Pacino for the magazine.

I know it's genuine because of the source, and it looks genuine to me.

I want to offer it for sale again—with the same guarantee—but before I do, I want to know... does it look real to you?

I don't want to sell something the buyer will have problems with.

Thanks

Tags: al pacino, scarface

Views: 629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, I'd say it doesn't look like the two I've personally gotten IP, but obviously your provenance seems ironclad, and lord knows he's a scribbler deluxe! I will say offering the guarantee seems a good way to go, but clearly PSA/DNA's exemplars are lacking if they failed this. Sure, we all have examples where they switched opinions, but I know (rather: have a strong suspicion) their exemplars for others are completely incorrect, so you might been opening a can of worms through no fault of your own. Best of luck with it!

Thanks, Jason. I don't fault them for not certifying this. It's an unusually long autograph for Pacino, and that alone might have concerned them.

I just don't want to sell something the buyer is stuck with.

Larry gave me this, but I bought a couple of Pacino-signed pieces from Larry:

A Scarface shirt signed and inscribed front and back by Pacino, that's easy to authenticate. 

And a Pacino-signed Big Boy doll from Dick Tracy, signed on the packaging, that's not easy to authenticate.

This looks good to me Steve. I have an in person Scarface signed DVD and this matches his fuller in person signature. I'll try and find mine for comparison.

Thanks, Richard

Always welcome Steve.

I don't think that is a long Pacino graph. It is either two separate signatures, maybe he realized that the top one was not very nice to give to a friend and he resigned below.....

or the top part is some kind of inscription like "Best." 

If you have ever seen Al's inperson inscriptions you will know what I mean. His handwriting is so bad it's anyone's guess as to what it says. 

Thanks, Pete. You're right, his handwriting is a mess. I think the upper writing ends with a "G." I think it could be "Larry G." But who knows?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service