Dolly Parton & James Patterson signed book!!

Be quick!!! 

Sure to sell out pretty quick! 

UK buyers, remember 6.8% cash back with topcashback. Also £5 when you spend £30 and £10 when you spend £50 on WHSmith website with code: BEQUICK

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/run-rose-run-signed-edition/doll...

Tags: Book, Dolly, James, Parton, Patterson, Signed

Views: 38979

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My book from the restock:

Seems like the same autopenned books…

I'm salivating.. licking my chops.. cant wait for round 2 of another battle.. bring it on.. still awaiting my delivery

Has yours shipped? I ordered one against my better judgment (damn you FOMO), but today they cancelled my order due to lack of stock.

I received a shipping notice.. mine is on the way to the US.. but man.. canceling orders for a likely autopen is messed up in a way.. just produce more......

Thoughts?

Got these two from the restock

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Autopen. Same as previous examples shared here.

Glad I didn’t take the risk. Seems to be the exact same books lol

Guess I should have passed on it but I missed the first ones and was hoping for better as I thought Waterstones had a better reputation than this. it's getting to where even the companies you trust let you down which is another reason I'm getting out of this increasingly aggravating hobby. so how hard is it to get a refund from them and do they give you a return label since I'm in a different country? they just told me they couldn't with the Miranda one and I'm hoping this is not also a hassle.  I should have listened to you guys lol

Since they won't admit this as a 'fault', sticking to the "according to the publisher this is real" mantra, that would mean the return costs are on you (and possibly they'll try not to refund the initial shipping costs too, though I'm not entirely sure about that).

Yeah, I figured it may be a hassle, it would probably be easier to just throw it on eBay as an autopen and at least get some of my money back. people still want these for some reason, I just did a search, and the last 3 sold for between $100 - $160 and they were listed as Autopen. has to be people who don't have a clue what Autopen is obviously because it doesn't seem like they should have much more value than the book itself.   

Seems to be the exact same books

Yeah, they very likely are literally the exact same books.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody seemed to realize the "restock" came on the heels of a bunch of disappointed buyers returning the autopen signed books they were disappointed about buying.

When I first heard about the restock, my first thought was "Well, yeah... People are returning the books, en masse, in sellable condition..."

But apparently, a lot of collectors' first thought was "Dolly Parton and James Patterson decided to secretly sign a bunch of copies of the book, which were clandestinely distributed by the publisher, who continued through everything to publicly insist that nothing was wrong with the first batch."

What did everyone think was going to happen to the returned books? Why did everyone think they were so uptight about only refunding if the books were returned in sellable condition?

They got a bunch of books back from unhappy customers in sellable condition & they listed the books back up for sale.

I had a heck of a time returning the "signed" copies of "The President is Missing" that I bought to the US places I bought them from. So much of a hard time, which mirrored people's experiences here, that I said "forget it" and kept them.

But after being burned on that one, and narrowly missing a few others, I haven't trusted any publisher distributed signed book. If it's not from an in-store signing, I don't touch it anymore. I'd advise everyone in the community to do the same if you don't want to gamble.

Because I can assure you that, in the vast majority of cases, nothing you show a customer service representative will convince them a book is fake if they're told it's not. And they'll continue selling them as real when they get any returns back.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2022   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service