We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Dolly Parton & James Patterson signed book!!

Be quick!!! 

Sure to sell out pretty quick! 

UK buyers, remember 6.8% cash back with topcashback. Also £5 when you spend £30 and £10 when you spend £50 on WHSmith website with code: BEQUICK

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/run-rose-run-signed-edition/doll...

Tags: Book, Dolly, James, Parton, Patterson, Signed

Views: 42310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah if it’s like TSL, I may jump on there…I remember the guy who complained the whole way through the Cyber Monday thing on TSL and they sort of had to deal with him lol 

You can have fun complaining for a mere $35. But, you do get an unsigned copy of the book. If they used autopens nothing you will say or do will make a difference. If it did, this would not have happened in the first place.

This may not be popular, but some responsibily is on the collector IMO. A simple search here...as should be done for EVERYTHING. She's got a record (no pun intended). Fans, non-auto folks, are really getting shafted w/o kowing it in these recurring situations.

I agree with you as fan who no longer buys her mass media items sold as “signed.” Anything being sold at retail or cheaper is suspect in my opinion. However a $325 book that is confirmed as hand signed is a whole other level of crass. 

Also as signed items become a more common way to move physical media, we as consumers have to speak out against fraud and let retailers know we will not tolerate it. 

We were very close to moving to the Smokey Mountains area last year. Im not a fan of country but I do like a lot of Dolly stuff. Anyways, the thought of getting her autograph never crossed my mind. I figured its too late to try these days. When this book popped up, I jumped on it as more of a fan for what she represents in TN more so than music, but still a fan. Ive also been a collector for about 30 years (with many breaks inbetween). I dont agree that I should have known her history of autopens. When I see anything stating "signed by the author" I tend to believe its true. If I took any amount of time to research this, it would have been long sold out. I do see your point about her true die hard fans though. They must have known this was coming. Anyways, this is still bad thinking. I missed out on buying Donald Trumps latest signed book because people on here warned me about autopens. His signatures turned out to be real. I still need him for my presidential collection. Kinda bummed about that one. At least I got Obama this year 

"... I dont agree that I should have known her history of autopens. When I see anything stating "signed by the author" I tend to believe its true...." - Jason.

Trust must be earned.

I don't collect things without knowing as much as I can about what I am seeking. Doing so is a recipe for disaster. IMO the selection and purchase is the LAST step in collecting - after copius study. How would one know what is considered common or scarce, poor or strong, weak or desirable, more $ or worth a bit less $? One needs to know what to pay as well. That's research.

You would never buy a cool car from a stranger because he said "it's never been in a wreck" without looking into it - maybe with a friend.

I guess people collect for different reasons. Value is not high on my list. I like obtaining autographs of people I like. Thats all. Again, when a retailer advertises their product to include a signature and instead it includes an autopen, im not going to sit there thinking its my fault

I also only collect the folks and movies/music I truly love. The item must be signed on an officiail still or product of the period and must be a vintage signature from that same period. I DON"T collect Parton and saw this coming. I also don't understand why it appears so hard for folks to identify an Autopen. You don't HAVE to have another example.

Thats pretty cool, you go for quality over quantity. I can see what you are saying being that type of collector. I guess I'm just not picky. If I dont like something the signature is on, ill cut it out and mat it with a better photo. Maybe its years of being a wedding videographer. Im more run and gun. Capture what I can get before the moment passes

Good point on your prior post, Jason H. I bought the Trump book against advice here as well as the Norman Lear All in the Family. Both turned out legit. Definitely appreciate the advice here and usually take it but sometimes you choose to take a risk (or not). Would have missed out otherwise and be looking at hundreds for each on secondary. 

Thats great. I envy you right now lol. Those are both great ones to get. Yeah I think with protections these days, its worth a risk sometimes.. thats got me thinking if they purposely set a release date for this book past 180 days to avoid those protections knowing this would be a dolly autopen...?

One does wonder. Right now they have everyone's money, plus interest.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service