We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Dolly Parton & James Patterson signed book!!

Be quick!!! 

Sure to sell out pretty quick! 

UK buyers, remember 6.8% cash back with topcashback. Also £5 when you spend £30 and £10 when you spend £50 on WHSmith website with code: BEQUICK

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/run-rose-run-signed-edition/doll...

Tags: Book, Dolly, James, Parton, Patterson, Signed

Views: 42287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just caught up on a week of discussion in this thread. My order from WHSmith UK is on it's way, but takes some time still. I am curious to hear of the experience from non UK residents who got in touch with WHSmith in regard to this.

I feel really bad for all the ones that spent this high amount on Songteller, also.

I’ve seen Dolly signing in person twice in my life. The thing I noticed is she has a light touch, graceful, flowing and her hand moves fast. Many of the images shown today look heavy-handed, jerky and “smooshed.” Unlike her. 

The image here was hand signed in person at a charity event. She dated it as well. 

This is my Songteller signature for further comparison with others. As soon as it arrived it looked off to me due to the heavy, spread out  nature of the autograph but I trusted the publisher. 

I emailed Chronicle Books again this evening with some photos which I had not previously included. Just got this response:

Hello Matt,

As a customer service rep, I have forwarded your concerns as well as many others that have come in today to editorial. They have reached out to Dolly's team to confirm this issue and as it stands now, I am awaiting word from them on how to respond and best resolve this issue for all concerned customers. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding,
Ray

Thanks for the update, Matt! 

The phrase "well as many others that have come in today to editorial" means that others have been writing in.  That is encouraging! 

Keep those emails bugging them. 

Agreed, thanks to everyone who reached out and posted on social media 

Interesting.  I just got the same exact response from customer service rep, Ray today.  I wonder if the outcome will be the same as the response by the distributor of the Parton and Patterson book which is "it is real!"  

Chronicle is a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group which is distributing the book so I am assuming they come under the category of being the Publisher.

~Matt,  Have you received any update from Chronicle besides that email from customer representative, Ray?  I just call the 1800 number that connects me to Hachette Book Group who says they are not the publisher but Chronicle is and that Hachette Books is the distributor.  Love how Hachette customer service disavows culpability!  

As a new collector, I wouldn’t blame myself for being naive to the autopens. It’s the publishers, artists, and retailers fault. I hope they honor that famous saying “the customer is always right.” Everyone, get your money back!

Here is my autopen ! 

image.jpg

Attachments: No photo uploads here

I emailed Waterstones this morning after reading the responses off here.

This is what they’ve said:

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Just refused my package from waterstones which is on its way back ! Got the same stupid template response but still told them they are 100 percent wrong and to process the refund when they receive it . Disgusted with all parties !!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service