We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I just  performed an Ebay search on "Sold Sales" for Mickey Mantle Autographed Photos."

Here is the most recent link to that search:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Photos-/27265/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mic...

It shows that over 75% of the "Sold Listings" are Mickey Mantle forgeries.

The majority of those are with COAs from GFA (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators headed by Stephen Rocchi).

This shows how difficult it is sell an authentic Mickey Mantle autograph on a photo at a decent price.

It also shows just how heavily populated Ebay is with wannabe autograph collectors (who fall for that "Forensic" BS) and suckers who are lured in by the cheap framing (Lipstick On A Pig).

Here are some Ebay screenshots from that "Sold Lists" search.

It seems to be same Ebay sellers who over and over again continue to list and sell Mickey Mantle GFA-certed forgeries:

Ebay seller Ranger191

Ebay seller Bluechipvideoentertainment

Ebay seller Rbisportsinc.

Ebay seller silly_shelly

Ebay seller Dcarlc

Ebay seller Alihamed51

Ebay seller Mccauleyjr2006

Ebay seller Stevew6

Ebay seller Gofsu2010

Ebay seller Dbvint123

Ebay seller Pan4life14

Ebay seller Jellyx27

Tags: 536, Ebay, Mantle, Mickey, Ranger191, alihamed51, autographed, coinfinder58, dbvint123, dcarlc, More…ebay, fame, forgery, gofsu2010, hall, homeruns, mccauleyjr2006, of, pan4life14, photo, seller, silly_shelly, stevew6, willbuyittoday, yankees

Views: 1443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It truly is sickening. Usually when I search for a Mickey Mantle autograph, the top 5-10 "Best Matches" are ALL laughable forgeries. eBay PROMOTES forgeries, end of story. What's even more sickening is the fact that it's not just Mantle, it's every single celeb/star you could imagine. 

I watched 2 Mantle documentaries on YouTube last night, it is just so sad that this is the type of crap going on when he isn't even here to defend his own name. 

I love when Ebay recommends Aaron Rodgers autographs that are hysterically bad.

Rich, those "Recommended" links are disgusting.

95% of those are forgeries.

Way to go Ebay!!!

Again, I'm not knowledgeable in Mantle by any means, but I find it amusing the sheer volume of brand new looking Mantles that GFA magically uncovers constantly.  

Perhaps eBay should add a "turd" logo next to these auctions. I searched "Mickey Mantle Autograph" on eBay, and the first TWELVE under "Best Match" were forgeries! unreal!

Now that's funny. And so fitting. LOL

That is funny, Ryan!!!

The descriptions on these should have full disclosure and let buyers know that they are in fact buying TURDS. It's literally like handing someone $100 and them handing you a big TURD

I couldn't agree more with you guys. As everyone knows, when the the EMR program ended and the cancer started to spread, I quit the buying of anything memorabilia related. yeah I occasionally bought Tommy Bahama shirts and stuff for around the house. LOL

As I got to hear from losers like Toilet Paper Podsada, and his idiotic assertions, the more it rubbed me the wrong way when all his pure garbage took over E-bay.  He just keeps misrepresenting to buyers and like idiots they buy it...because people are greedy slobs and it's apparently tough out in the real world for some.  Then he does what he does best or should I say the worst, Frame. Those frames are pure garbage as well. The godawful cookie cutter matte jobs are laughable really. He gives idiots what they want though, so who am I to judge? IMHO, he was and is a scum bag of the highest order. He will get his again someday, you can bet on it.

When I discovered what you all know now, it disgusted me on so many levels. In the first place,  I am very anti-corporate America. So the fact I stuck with them this long is a miracle. Even though E-bay and pay pal were convenient, I made the decision to quit them both last month and cancel my accounts after 14 years. I feel that anyone that continues to do business with them after knowing what we know, is foolish and stand for nothing in their lives. Knowingly promoting forgery after forgery scam on their platform and doing nothing about it except letting the scam perpetuate to nauseating levels, should be a crime? Hey e-bay, FU. 

Fudd, I share your sentiments and highly respect what you did with Ebay.  I do feel hypocritical when I buy something on there because I feel like I am supporting the bad guys.  I do it to "get my fix", its an addiction to this damn hobby.  on one hand, I feel really cool that I am able to still get an authentic Mantle signed plaque for a hundred bucks, and an authentic '61 topps card signed by Maris IN 1961 for 350 bucks, a Giles ball signed by Koufax in the mid-sixties for 60 bucks.....all because I study autographs and know what I am buying.  but it still p***** me off that I am supporting and putting money in Ebay's pocket. I wish I had your willpower and resolve, because if I did, I would do the same as you did. but I am weak!!!

So what are you doing about it?

Look around the site a little and you'll see what he's doing.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service