We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I am looking at this Elizabeth Taylor signed photo but am not convinced it's authentic. Could very well be a secretarial. Would like to have some input on this one. Thanks in advance.

Views: 1626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

Welcome. Thanks for confirming the date of this photograph. Yours appears lovely pebble/pearl matte finish double weight stock. About 80% of all studio 5"x7" are secretarial in origin - that's then - now? This signature - very drawn, hesitant, basic form yes, but just appearance...secretarial or some other. Was this redrawn/re-inked? Her 1953 signature is so smooth and both of these just don't make any sense.

Eric

The 5x7 inch does looked "signed over". Maybe the Korean war? Anyway, it's certainly a secretarial which explains a lot. Probably a bunch out there pre-printed which I just never paid any attention too.

The original posted item went for touching $500 so someone was happy with it. I'll try to post some other Liz items over the weekend, if not before.

Mercy! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have an in-person 1956 Elizabeth Taylor signature that has been in my family since the day it was obtained by my Grandfather. It looks nothing like this example. I found this signed photo extremely interesting and I just don't think her signature changed this much in that short of a period of time. Obviously, there were bidders out there who think differently. For the winner's sake, I hope I'm wrong. Won't be the first time...or last!

You weren't wrong.

Eric

I don't  think so either. Thanks, Eric!

I promised to post some of my Taylor's. Better late than never, here they are (1940s attached here, 50s to 70s in the message below and 2001 in the message after that). 

I've tried to get a decent range of dates. It is actually quite remarkable how consistent most of these examples are - much more so than those on the "thecead" site and much more than I remembered.

There was another thread asking for people to post their favourite Taylor. I can't say which of these is my favourite. I guess I find 3. the sexiest and 4. the most iconic.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Here the 1950s to 1970s...Not sure of the date of 5. - could even be early 60s.

...and finally 2001.

Was the 2001 obtained in person ?
Many Thx pug for sharing your scans :)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service