We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

https://store.eltonjohn.com/*/The-Lockdown-Sessions/Cold-Heart-PNAU-Remix-Limited-Edition-CD-Single-Art-Card-Signed-By-Elton-John-UK-ONLY/765R19KU000

Jumped on this one like I'd been shot after missing on Grohl yesterday.

Tags: Elton, John

Views: 21357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

Landon, I'm with you, but as an investment standpoint, they seem like a necessary evil at times. 

Oh 100%

I have yet to find that time. YMMV.

I'd ask Beckett if they know PSA is authenticating these. Probably won't get any response back acknowledging their competitors but its worth a try.. Id love to know exactly how these companies authenticate. Do they have experts on certain autographs? Have known in person signatures to compare and overlay digitally? Compare all pressure points by eye?.. all of the above and more?... when PSA started authenticating these, I thought it was because they researched the source since they were denying quick opinions at 1st. I believe all of these are real but rushed.. has Elton ever done an autograph signing like this? I know he's had book signings in the past, but thats way different than being home trying to pump all these out asap just to get them done.  Ive bought a few signed lockdown cds from ebay before scoring a few ot the Christmas cds at retail. Its interesting how the lockdowb signatures are bigger.. and some of the Es have his clockwise curl at the bottom while most don't. But he has signed both ways in the past. 

Just to be sure, did you buy yours at retail price or 2nd hand market? Does it have the barcode? Any chance you could post a pick of the ones they denied? 

I have had jsa fail a charles manson postcard written and fully in his hand (fully covered in writing on front and back and obviously authentic).  After forwarding an email to them from a well respected expert in manson signatures, they changed their verdict and passed it. This just shows that these companies are giving their best guesses, nothing more and nothing less.

After satisfying the shareholders. Our needs are probably tertiary to them and that should be expected. They are a business out to make money, not help me complete another Honeymooners set.

I bought mine directly from the Elton website and they have the barcodes on the back.

I will post photos of them when I receive them back next week. I have a contact at Beckett… it’ll be interesting to see what they reply with.

These were the three that were all denied by Beckett…

Wow you scored a full name signed cd.. ive only seen a few of those. Was that one a purchase from a reseller or are all of these direct purchases?. Im really curious to know what your contact at Beckett says. Im not a fan of the gold marker lockdowns, and the ones on the Lipa cd are all pretty sloppy, but the autographs are pretty consistent on what everyone else received. 

Has anyone seen one of these authenticated by Beckett out in the wild yet? 

From my research, notning that I’ve seen 

I've seen a couple of rhe elton xmas ones on ebay that are authenticated by psa

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service