We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I feel for educational reasons that it can be beneficial for autograph collectors and dealers, if Third Party Authenticators could share some of their submissions with the public. I think that this may be the best thing to help the relationship between the whole autograph community and professional autograph authentication companies.
P.A.A.S. would like to start to share some important findings and information with autograph collectors and professional autograph dealers. I invite the other known professional autograph authenticators to also share their knowledge, findings and stories. This communication could open many new doors as well as help rid the hobby of much of the fraud and corruption.

I have just received these autographs for examination and authentication
from Paul Lichter's private Elvis Presley Collection.

Paul Lichter is an authority on the subject of Elvis Presley. He attended over 850 of his concerts, has written 16 best-selling books on Elvis which have sold over 20 million copies, and has made guest appearances on hundreds of TV shows. Colonel Parker was made honorary Godfather to Paul's son, Tristan Elvis.

Paul founded the Elvis Unique Record Club in 1970. It is one of the largest mail order businesses in the world and the only such organization ever licensed by the Estate of Elvis Presley. The Elvis Unique Record Club has sold everything from Elvis' first Sun record to his latest CD.

** Michael Frost can be contacted at specialagent711@aol.com **

Tags: Authentication, Autograph, Autographs, Elvis, JSA, P.A.A.S., PSA/DNA

Views: 3545

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies to This Discussion

Did Elvis really sign like he was an 85 year old man?

Mike, have you rendered an opinion on the autographs shown?
These illustrations are just a few , there are 7 additional signed photos and programs. P.A.A.S. did render an opinion and has send out a full Letter of Examination stating that the signatures are not authentic and a list of the issues with the signatures. If anybody may have a difference in opinion, we would like additional input as well as other opinions. I do however doubt that anyone will have a much different opinion on the signatures shown. The other problem being and I am sure most autograph authenticators have dealt with is "What makes you an expert and how do you know for sure"??? This is the 1st in a series of exemplars " A Day in the Life of a Third Party Autograph Authenticator" and this examination should be an open and shut case.
But I have already been challenged " How can you say this item is not authentic when the person "Paul Lichter" is a known author and close friend to Elvis and his family for over 50 years. He has documented proof including photos with Elvis and his family. He has been known to travel with Elvis and has seen over 800 of his concerts. I do not think you even have a case with your opinion or authentication."
My answer, as always, is simple P.A.A.S. does not examine or authenticate the submitter or the Certificate of Authentication, we examine and authenticate the item, the handwriting and the autograph. I would much rather not even know who the item came from or has previously been authenticated by.
Thank you and there will much more to follow.
Michael Frost
P.A.A.S.

I was nervous looking at the photos at first. I was afraid you were going to say you thought these were legit. Geez, I could forge that well without much practice.

Mike,

Thanks for this post. Posts like these raise collector awareness and authenticators are often the ones who see quantities of examples from the same source.

Keep 'em coming.

The response from Elvis Presley's dear friend after he receives the news that the signed Elvis Presley items he has been selling are not authentic.. I love these type of responses.

From: Paul Lichter a title="mailto:paul@elvisunique.com" href="mailto:paul@elvisunique.com" target="_blank">paul@elvisunique.com>
To: Mi Bauman a title="mailto:mbauman01@aol.com" href="mailto:mbauman01@aol.com" target="_blank">mbauman0>
Sent: Wed, Aug 22, 2012 6:17 pm
Subject: Re: 4 Elvis Presley Autographs Items - Bad News

Nice to hear from you. Very sorry to hear you are having financial difficulties.
Concerning the 4 autographs you purchased they are 100% authentic as was stated at the time you purchased them and I can care less what these so-called experts thank about them. In the first place they were never present when any of the autographs that they are asked to authenticate were originally signed. They base their opinions on whatever examples they have on hand to compare the autographs that they are asked to authenticate. In other words they could be comparing your authentic original Elvis Presley autograph with Elvis' secretarial signed letters, RCA publicity photos with faux autographs and too many other examples such as Patsy Presley signed Elvis autographs, etc. to your real autograph. Since all of the examples I just gave you were not signed by Elvis your Elvis autographs would not match their phony autographs.
Furthermore we are often asked by fans and insurance companies to authenticate Elvis autographs that they had obtained. As you know Elvis signed his name thousands of times. An autograph from the 50's or 60's would not match a 70's autograph. If Elvis were hurried and was running in or out of an arena when a fan stuck something in his face for him to sign since he has nothing to lean on that signature would look quite different than something he signed sitting down with something to lean on.
For all of these reasons the ridiculous list provided to you concerning hesitation, irregular, etc., etc. is not applicable. When Elvis signed the original picture used on the back cover of my first book Elvis In Hollywood that example was used by many of these so-called handwriting experts. Today if you sent them that photo there's a good shot they would tell you it was not real.
You have owned four authentic Elvis Presley autographs since the time you purchased them from me and the letters that I provided you along with the autographed piece should be good enough for anyone wanting to purchase a real Elvis autograph.
Paul
Paul Lichter
Elvis Unique Record Club
Tel: (480) 984-5026
Fax: (480) 984-5056
http://www.elvisunique.com
10933 E. Elmwood St.
Mesa AZ, 85207
USA
In other words, "disregard any irregulariities... they are authentic because I say so."

so now it is my understanding that the "story" is more important with regards to authentication, than the actual signature.

Charles Hamilton wrote many years ago that good autographs sell themselves, no provenance is necessary. This is just as relevant today.

In my opinion, if the "story" is the ONLY factor that points to "authenticity," the autograph should be avoided.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service