We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This is a nice postcard. A mother met Elvis at his home in Bad Nauheim in Germany to get the autograph for her son. She sent it back to him and telling him so on that postcard. How on earth could the authenticity of this one could be denied by Epperson - when he was asked by a friend of mine? (I know Eivis signed a bit different - sloppier - in Germany due the large number of autographs - but this document is perfect.) Does anybody believes the mother was a perfect faker in 1959?

Views: 2896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger knows his Elvis signatures. There are a huge number of fake Elvis signatures from the late 50's during his time in Germany.

Most were faked by Hans Baker, who is a known forger.

Maybe Roger thought this was one of those?

Best wishes, Richard.

just looking at the signature, not reading the background, I didn't like it either.

BUT - if you know the background of the story (what is written on the card, see the postmark etc) it is ridicolous to believe it might be a fake.

It is very funny that in the USA they do believe that all German Elvis autographs are not genuine...

Elvis was in Germany for 1,5 years and signed each evening or posed for photos. There are thousands of genuine autographs on the market....

I picked up forgery a few months back from a radio station contest with dates etc, but it was likely signed from one of the bands pr people.
I dont know about Elvis and yes rog is good with elvis and not so good with weezer or aic or nirvana.
You are right. Elvis did sign a great of autographs during his time in Germany. But, the market has been flooded with thousands of fakes from that era and that is why authenticators are very cautious. Bakker faked thousands from that era, a lot with fake stamp marks and everything!

If you KNOW an item is authentic: Why ask Roger for his opinion?

Very simple - the friend wanted to buy it and place it on RR auction for a resale. But all items on RR are examined by R.E. and vetoed or not...

Did he buy it, after Roger said "no"?

No - and that is the bad thing with that story...

Who should fake a postcard with postmark and who believes that in 1959 there were perfekt faker in the Elvis maffia?

The content of the postcard was translated in addition.

I don't normally post on here any more but this one needs a clean head to clear out the clutter in some people minds.

This is a text book perfect Hans Bakker forgery.  This wan't signed back in the 50's it was probably done last year.  All that writing and such around it is so common as to what he would do to make it look real.  It's not hard finding old cancelled postcards.  If you want to believe the story that was told to go with this so be it but I'm not buying it.  I've heard every story in the book in regards to Hans.

Your friend should thanks me for saving him a bunch of money on a fake autograph.

A Elvis Presley postcard, postmarked in Bad Nauheim with a story telling how the person got the autograph?

So you need a postcard, delete all the previous writing and add a story and then fake a Elvis on it. Sorry, that is too much.

There are much simper ways to fake Elvis.

I know at least one more card with such story (and even one from John Lennon in Swisse). There are too many styles of Elvis signatures in Germany perhaps this one looks like Hans Bakker but I don`t think this one is.

Sure there are easier ways, but we have been on to them them 2000ish.  He can't pass them off as easy anymore, he needs to be much more sly these days.  He knows we can easily pick out his work, like that photo postcard you have shown just above me.  It has every classic tell.

You have no idea to what extremes these forgers will do to try to full us.  And trust me I see 20x more things everyday then anyone here on this site.

Your original is a text book Bakker example.  I went to house and saw it all.  No one else here can say that.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service