We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Not too long ago, I picked up this L.A. Guns promo album, One More Reason, from an ebay seller we have had the displeasure of discussing here before named njbc, who was identified by another user as Seth Vogel, who was booted from the RAAC for stealing "proof" photos. Being that this was unbeknownst to me at the time, I had no reason to believe this seller could have a bad record. However, I took a look at this L.A. Guns vinyl after I had received it, and decided to check the JSA certification. The certification came back positive for an L.A. Guns vinyl record. However, there was a note on this certification page. "4 Autographs" it says. The photos of my vinyl I've attached CLEARLY SHOW that there are FIVE autographs of Tracii Guns, Phil Lewis, Kelly Nickels, Mick Cripps, and Steve Riley. I've attached photos of the signatures, JSA sticker, JSA card, and an example of Phil, Tracii, and Steve's AUTHENTIC signatures on another vinyl of mine. If anyone could shed some light on the authenticity of these JSA items and, if by chance a fellow L.A.G fan could help me identify these signatures' authenticity, it would be much appreciated.

Additionally, I'd like to point out something about this seller, njbc. Does anyone else find it odd that nearly all of his items for sale have been signed with blue sharpie? This may seem fickle, but keep in mind: The last time L.A. Guns were together for any prolonged amount of time with this lineup was 1992, and then briefly around 1995. But there are also many other items for sale that are definitely more recent, such as a Matt Damon autograph on a photo from a promotional for The Bourne Ultimatum, which could be no older than 2007. There are some signatures that are dated as well, such as a Dizzie Gillespie signature for sale dated 1991. Would someone really not deviate from fine point blue sharpie ONCE for 16 years? I could be grasping for straws here, but it's just something I've noticed.

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is in fact unusual for an autograph dealer to only sell items that were signed with a blue Sharpie.

no its not more coomon not too

Thanks for the reply, Mike! I think the links to the photos weren't working, so I added in the images.

totally not unusally for the blue sharpie in fact it was so common that  artists started later doing a no blue sharpie ban.

i would say 99 percent of all graphs from the 90s thru early 2000s done inperson were done with a special blue sharpie  it was the norm infact if u didnt use a blue sharpie out in the street u might killed by other collectors.

ps they longer make that special sharpie

Wow, there's something I didn't know! Thanks for that info Marc. Were you able to see the pictures I posted by the way? Some of them won't come up for me. Just in case, I edited the post to have images rather than links.

pictures show up but i dont know there sigs

back in the 90s there were basicaly only colors for graphing used blue blacl gold silver

blue was almost always used 

silver and gold depending on contrast of itiem but those pens would exploded  sometimes when using them

no mutli color deco pends or good gold or silver like now

I would suggest that you call JSA and ask about the discrepancy.

I never heard of such a thing regarding blue Sharpies in the 1990s.  I suppose it could be true. I agree with Ballroom.  Contact JSA about it, Jordan.  Best of luck.

i guess u never did inperson

autographs back then 

Nope.  I attended comic conventions, and there were more than blue Sharpies available.  I can believe that things may have been different on the street.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service