We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Forum / Site rules of conduct. Suggestions please

Help us make the forum better by suggesting some rules of conduct we should have in place and how you think they should be implemented.  

We'd like to hear from you! 

Tags: conduct, rules, site

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe it becomes apparent when someone crosses the line from passionately discussing an issue to being spiteful. Much is learned from a difference of opinion. But, we sometimes forget this site is to discuss autographs and not people. There are cases where it is necessary to call out a person by name who is involved in criminal activity such as selling fakes and forgeries. But, in general, name calling is childish and immature.

I think this site does an outstanding job of moderating the content. But, everyone needs to be reminded where the line is from time to time. It's not a right to be a member here, it's a privilege.

WhaT IS THE age restriction of this site? If 18+ seems ok. But If younger, allowed circumstance may need to change

Good question. I'm guessing there is no real age filter, but I don't know that age has really ever been the concern. The characters who've caused problems in the past usually seem to be well into adulthood.

yes nut the issue is what kids read an behavior they learn from others. Kids deserve special circumstances but as you say, this site is for adults

Maybe a more comprehensive or stricter signup procedure might help eliminate some behavioral problems. Anything too strict, however, could just end up dissuading membership overall. 

Terms of service for belonging to a Ning chat forum is 13 and up.  I don't know if Steve actually has an age restriction here specific to this forum, if he doesn't it would fall back on 13. 

We do have a replacement feature with asteriks if you use profanity, so that is already covered without us having to manually *** something out.  However its not hard to figure out what some of the words are - and we do have to warn folks to keep it clean on occasion. 

http://live.autographmagazine.com/main/authorization/termsOfService

I should give the link to the TOS (terms of service), so members can also read those.

I see a number of people come in here, post inquiries and then get frustrated by the lack of response, assuming that it is due to attitude/indifference instead of knowledgeable parties being available or noticing the question.

I've also seen people come to this site and ask about every autograph under the sun, hoping to score a hit either within their collection or in regards to something they wish to purchase.

I guess I don't know off the top of my head exactly how to handle each issue. Neither presents a huge problem, though the latter does sometimes result in a spam bomb. But it does lead to tension and some bad feelings on occasion.

One thing people can do to get something noticed if its fallen and nobody has replied is type "bump" as a response and it will show back up for us at the top.

or perhaps by posting to a more appropriate Live Autograph location -forum, blog, town square, etc-

mor  people will interact. Come to think of it, where to best post is confusing. perhaps basic video tutorial

The forum (then you pick a category)  Blogs are for staff articles of interest and not for discussion. 

Hope that helps

w

These types of "this was a test" posts are intolerable. People who pull this crap should be thrown out immediately.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/what-are-your-though...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service