We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Galen and Paul featuring Paul Simonon from The Clash / Gorillaz

Views: 3476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why in the world would they go through the trouble of setting up an autopen machine if it was going to be also hand signed? it might make sense if they said part of the artwork contained printed signatures but not autopen

I'm just glad they are admitting it. This makes our job easier instead of having to gather evidence to call them out and force them. I agree with you though, very strange. 

They have just offered a “full refund” and return label, which I will accept, provided it includes the 24 pounds I paid for shipping.

It's cool that they are offering the full refund but the sad truth is that only a small fraction of those they sold to will ever realize they aren't real. Meaning probably not too many refunds so they still win and which is I'm sure why it keeps happening 

Well, they called my bluff…

I guess I was secretly hoping they’d refund my order and say “don’t bother returning it” a la Amazon. I’m leaning towards just keeping it. I suppose even a “P” and a squiggle is worth something, and I do like the print. And Galen’s sig is real, for what that’s worth. Maybe the record will grow on me. 

Thoughts?

So, are they saying the surname was autopen and he added the "Paul"? which looks to be the case from the examples we have seen. 

Not explicitly. They’ve admitted that the prints contain an autopen signature of Paul’s, but are also handsigned by both, which makes no sense to me. To me, it appears that the surname is part of the print and they’ve used an autopen to create a few versions of the P and squiggle. All the examples I’ve seen (eBay and here) have very distinct telltale dots at the beginnings of the line segments. Very odd.

Ceremony of roses have just sent me a picture of the LP print signing session for what it's worth

I think the artwork was drawn by Paul and hence they embedded the 'Simonon' part of his autograph at the bottom when it was manufactured.

Maybe 'Simonon' is how he signs all his pieces.

To be fair if he did sign 'Paul' on every one that should 'be okay' especially if you frame the artcard with a copy of the signing session photo attached to the back of the frame for some kind of proof or explanation what went on...

We have seen a lot more lazy signatures over the last couple of years than Paul's one here, let's hope Gary Barlow, Corey Taylor and Lady Gaga never form a band.....

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder why they didn’t send it to me, as well?

Agreed, we’ve seen worse. I’ll be keeping the print.

Another exciting day in collecting…

And here’s the CD that just arrived…. Too good to be real?

That looks like a really decent Paul Simonon autograph on the CD - all the other CD booklet graphs posted including mine look really odd when compared to his usual style...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service