We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

George Reeves fake signed photo on ebay now, authenticated by Garo

Sad to say another fake George Reeves signed 8x10 is on ebay now, authenticated by Frank Garo. What is Garo doing?? Is he just authenticating anything for a buck or is he so incompetent he has never seen a genuine Reeves signature? The handwriting is way off. Thoughts anyone?? 

It's frequently low IQ people making these bad forgeries and this is a perfect example. George Reeves visited many children's hospitals in the 1950s and this forger would have us believe that Reeves told this little girl Nancy with incurable polio to "hurry up and get well"! And then we're supposed to believe Reeves couldn't spell "superman", that he left out the R and went back and inserted it?? Unbelieveable!! And yet there it is on ebay, proudly offered by this seller as genuine. I sent the seller an email, pointed out the inconsistencies, and suggested he research Garo's history, but he just raved about how Garo is an authority and he believes him. Any sane honest person would do the research. Which makes one wonder..is he working with Garo??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-GEORGE-REEVES-VINTAGE-SIGNED-SUPERMAN...

Views: 215

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe Frank Garo was one of the phony authenticators exposed in the Operation Bullpen FBI sting. His name on any document is bad news. 

I think you're right. I don't know what happened, but he is still out there doing business as usual all these years later. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service