We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

this is one horrific Munson forgery that the seller has included a separate photo of the Halper Collection catalog, to fool people into thinking these are related.  Unbelievable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thurman-Munson-signed-SI-Photo-from-Barry-H...

Views: 9398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm the person who listed this item. I'm not quite sure how you can make such a confident statement from a photo. The fact is I have a the paperwork confirming the transaction with Sotheby's and describing the item. It has been in my personal bookcase since then after being professionally framed with a backing to the framing and I have the receipt that of the framing which took place soon after my purchase. Either Sotheby/Halper committed a fraud against me (your right) or your statement is purely speculation based upon viewing a photo (your wrong).

Here is a closer view of the Thurman Munson autograph.   Definitely not authentic. 

Christopher: I appreciate your close up view. However, I have the proof of purchase. I'm on the phone now with EBAY seeing if I can relist it if I put the proof/COA with the listing.

Where you purchased it is irrelevant.  Thurman Munson did not pen that signature.   If you are able to re-list it, I challenge you to submit it to PSA's "Quick Opinion" service.  The link is below.

http://www.psacard.com/store/t-quickopinionebay.aspx#ebay

I guarantee the result will be "Likely Not Genuine."

I'll follow your advice and ask for a quick opinion At this point I have nothing to lose and will only give me ammunition if your right to go back to Sotheby. I'll scan a better view of the autograph without breaking the seal of the framing then submit it. BTW do you work at psacard?

RB, when did you purchase it?

1999 i believe. I'm digging out the original purchase receipts etc in a few minutes.

How did this autograph come out? Good or bad?

we may never know.  the receipt that was posted seemed genuine but the question on the item remained.  Since it was framed that it came from the Sotheby Halper collection auction I was unable to find this specific item in the halper catalogs (as I denoted toward the last page).  I had asked  where the item in the catalog might be in case I overlooked it.

Since that time no other information has been posted till now.

When ever I had a auto framed that needed authenticy, I took the back facing paper off and sent the auto in. I did that with Ruth and Gehrig. It took me 5 times before I got a good Munson and I bought one through a auction house in California. You should get it done because if it's not done by him, they should give you your money back. They won't give you a hard time because of their reputation. The receipt has nothing to do whether it's real or not. If you give me your email, I'll send you a picture of my Munson. It is really a great autograph. Let me know. It is PSA/DNA. Don't send me your email. I see I can upload pictures so I'll upload him for you. I'm on my iPad but when I go on my computer, I'll do it.

Here is the Munson. There aren't to many better than this one but you can see the comparisons if any. I bought this from a guy on ebids who just pulled it out of the Historic Autographs box. How lucky for him and me because he needed money.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

That Munson looks like it was drawn by a three-year old.  It's awful to say the least.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service