We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Happy Halloween, 2019! Presenting Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó AKA Bela Lugosi

Hi All,

been wanting this little binary gem collection for years - since 11:30 Sunday morning about 1976 (Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein)!

8x10 sepia toned silver bromide(?) double-weight matte finish personal portrait by Apeda Studios, NY, of Bela Lugosi 1928 (in between the stage play Dracula and the film). Inscribed "To Carmine" and inscribed/signed boldly in black fountain pen "sincerely Bela Lugosi". VF+ Condition with no major flaws. From Tom Kramer of Goldenageautographs.com

Below is a personal portrait - 11x14 double weight gelatin silver photograph with a matte/pearl finish showing a smiling and pensive Lugosi in the same years. Stamped twice on the reverse by Lugosi's agent Don Marlowe who apparently borrowed this from Lugosi in the 40's and kept it. Fine condition.

Tags: 1927, 1931, bela, dracula, lugos, lugosi

Views: 1310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to see the Lugosi's of others please? Post 'em if ya got 'em ;)

I wish!  Congratulations on two absolutely beautiful pieces, Eric.

Thank you Mike, I can't believe I got them. It's like several Gleason's to me or something.

What are your thoughts about turning this discussion into one for members to post images of other Masters of Horror autographs in their collections as well?  The best that I can do is Alfred Hitchcock.

Sure! It is a Halloween thread! To keep up the theme - "all welcome, all are welcome children" - Tangina ;)

For me, I would like to see how others frame Lugosi or team him with an item.

Here is one for my baby, and one more for the road.

Nice Vincent Price...the man with the laugh that helped turn Thriller into a Halloween classic!  

Thanks, James.

Great Stuff!

Thanks, Eric.

Beautiful additions to your collection, Eric!  Congratulations!  Sorry, I was having some issues with chat last night for some reason.  

Knowing how much you like Gleason, you must be over the moon with these.  I know I would be.  Very nice indeed.  And Happy Halloween 2019!!

Wow, two great additions to your collection. Congrats, Eric!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service