We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone. I bought a a Temple of Doom poster about 15 years ago signed by Harrison Ford & Steven Spielberg at an estate sale. The poster was rolled up & stored in a tube. Obviously no COA. It looks like both signed using a silver paint pen. Hoping someone with knowledge of these signatures can give me an opinion on them both. Thanks!

Tags: Ford, Harrison, Spielberg, Steven

Views: 3450

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the Harrison Ford
Attachments: No photo uploads here

I don't think it's real, sorry bud. Harrison's signature doesn't flow like that. It is more jagged. I've been getting him since the mid 90's. And the Steven is just weird.

I love the Ford....the stacking of the A almost ontop of the H is making it look strange, but it is 100% Harrison's signature late 80's early 90's.

The Spielberg on the other hand.....I have no idea what is going on there. The Steven part is quite possibly him, but the Spielberg part just falls apart. 

they're both signed with the same pen. I like the Ha in Harrison but the rest is junk Pete.Here is pretty early signature, he always signed with the more jagged style, the poster is too smooth. It is 100% fake Pete.

Stick with Pink Floyd or Paul McCartney, my friend. There is no chance at all that someone other than Ford signed that poster.

lol, ok Pete.

The Harrison Ford is 100% real and clearly genuine. The Spielberg is strange but I think it's real too

Both of the autographs have enough atypical characteristics to concern me.

I treat Harrison autographs like any other signature and if we look at this with a 3 strike rule....I can't find a single strike here? What do you see that is atypical?

The "rrison" and "ord" appear to be too curved to me.  They do not appear to be jagged enough.  The formation of the "F" concerns me.  The angle appears to be off and I do not like the teardrop appearance of the loop.  I also do not like the way that the "d" finishes.

Out of the 150 pieces I have in my possession I'd say at least 10% of them have no jagged or sharp edges at all. Looking at the heartbeat monitor mid-1990's and newer Fords does not make older pieces automatically bad. If this were the case all of the following would be "no good"?

N.Steiger I am not trying to hijack this thread but I was checking out Paul McCartney signatures and ran across this post from October 2013 you said that you were new to collecting signatures. However you seem pretty knowledgeable in collecting? Was this just a Joke that you made in this post?

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/new-to-collecting-is...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service