We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Has to be a record for a Hendrix signed album.  Let's hope it's real!

Views: 1513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you at liberty to post that image?

I don’t believe so.

The white ring on the cover left by a too much played vinyl, it shoud have ruined that signature. Or is a fake signature or signed after these too much vinyls play. Right? I would never buy stuff like that, with just a signature and so dubious. I prefer a signature with a dedication, with a story and/or a complete set of the experience. IMO

Exactly. This album cover was slid in and out from in between other albums, a tight stack of them, vertically stored in a cabinet or crate umpteen times to develop a scuff ring and surrounding flaking like that. That's a decade or more of cover wear at the very least. Anyone with or that has had an LP collection knows that. The scuffing came before the signature was applied, the ink is undisturbed by the paper loss of the scuffs. So when was this signed? How many years after the album came out, yet before Hendrix died to accrue that much use and resultant heavy wear? No way did Hendrix sign this, sorry to say. Not a chance.

The ink has clearly been damaged by the scuffing in areas where the pen pressure is lighter. Where it’s heavier, the ink is less affected, but there’s damage along the edges in spots. There’s one spot in which a thin, deep gash has cut right through the ink.

I enlarged and darkened the image. I don't see any of the ink disappearing. The scuffs are paper loss. For the ink to still be intact over the scuffs would be akin to removing a coat of primer without disturbing outer layers of paint! lol

Just look at the track. The ink is undisturbed. Even where the surface is completely gone. This was signed over the scuffs. If the ink lightens, it's because the surface texture changed from scuff to gloss. But the track is all there. Undisturbed by the scuffs, which were there before the ink was applied. Look at the 2nd half of the H. The ink is perfectly bold, and written right over the surface of the scuff!

The ink is not intact over the scuffs. Again, it’s damaged where there’s lighter pen pressure. Where it’s heavier, the ink was largely protected by the indentation from the pen, but there’s damage along the edges. The ink looks appropriately aged to me.

+1 this is what saw. Again how many are there of thses?

Extremely rare.

Really? Are we seeing the same image. How about in this one. Focus on that major scuff where the two lines crosshair, forming an intersection right over the major scuff, the complete surface paper loss at that juncture. For what you are seeing in this image to occur, the paper of the surface was scuffed off, gone, missing, and the undisturbed, bold line is intact, having been written after the surface was already marred.

I can understand why you may want to deny what you're seeing, but seeing is believing and you can't argue with the camera.

Also, think logically. If any part of the ink is boldly written, undisturbed, over a major scuff, that is, complete loss of the surface, the fibrous underlayer of paper, then the entire signature had to have been added after the wear occurred. Unless the line was re-inked later. And coincidentally, the ink here is boldest in an area where the surface was completely gone! That makes sense. The ink "took" better on a fibrous, more paper-like surface than on the glossier surface if there weren't scuffs.  

Here's the pics.

Can i see this new photo in private?

M in jimi is not complete... E and D in Hendrix is very strange... this a a very bad autograph if siged by Hendrix... i don't know, the picture is very poor...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service