We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Has to be a record for a Hendrix signed album.  Let's hope it's real!

Views: 1513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Jimi portion is complete but there’s missing ink at the end. It looks quite good. The shape and formation of the H looks good as well. I think the E is the most unusual aspect of the signature. The remainder looks good. There are several nuances of his signature that are included with speed and fluidity.

The H? Which H? The H with the horizontal and vertical intersection of boldy inked lines written right over complete paper loss? ROFL

The ink isn’t intact. The scuffing has removed small portions of the edges of the ink.

"The ink isn’t intact." wrote Ballroom.

It isn't intact? How about over this major area of paper loss? Is the ink intact over the red encircled area? If not, please explain why the obvious ink over the scuff isn't intact (even though it is). Is it that you simply refuse to be wrong? Or that you don't want me to be right? Which one? lol

No, it isn’t intact, and it doesn’t appear to be major scuffing. It’s enough to disturb the edges in spots, but not enough to do more than that in an area of higher pen pressure.

Ballroom stated: "No, it isn’t intact"

ROFLMAO!!!

OK, you win. You're right. The ink smack dab in the middle of the scuff is an optical illusion. Your perception and obstenance  trumps evidence and reality.

Woody,

We treat people here with respect, even when you don't agree with them.

I think only so much can be had from this type of image. I can see a 1938 milk truck by Bel Geddes...

Regardless of what you see, or think you see, the red outline is a scuffed, area devoid of surface paper. If written over before the scuff occurred, the ink would have disappeared with the surface it would have been written on. But we don't see that. There is an area with complete paper loss and yet the ink is boldest right over that area because the ink soaked more into the now, scuffed, fibrous area than it would have over the natural glossy surface.

Any scuffed area with ink written boldly over it would be enough to negate any plusses and minuses you think you see elsewhere. If scuffed off after being signed, then no ink where the surface is completely gone. Are you seeing this?

San Adreas fault? ;) Just kidding Woody :) It is a good evening.

There isn’t even “complete paper loss” in that area. The paper is still present where the lines intersect.

100 to 0 to 100. Come on, just someone tell me where third base is! :)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service