We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, folks!

I'm brand new here so please forgive me if this has been posted in the wrong place or answered 1000 times! :P

Can people please provide their recommendations on the best places to buy horror autographs?

While I love the vintage stuff it's a little out of my price range, so I'm drawn towards the more modern pieces - 1970s onwards.

I've only recently started collecting so any help at all would be invaluable.

Thank you, guys!

Chris :)

Tags: Horror

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks a lot for the info, Scott.

You're right, I'm trying to start with films I like the most and go from there. I'm a huge horror fan though so there isn't a great deal I DON'T like! :P

That is great Chris I am the same way with the exception of some of the extreme gory stuff in recent years.  I can see you building a reasonable collection of even one person from all of your favorites.  If you want to frame them some you can get reproduction posters or even movie stills    to go with an index card or album page.  

Hi,

So you have Minne and Roman, yes?

Hi Eric,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Minne and Roman?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Eric yes, I have Ruth Gordon and Sidney Blackmer I do not have them scanned on here though my scanner died.  I thought I had saved scans of them but haven't located yet.   Of the credited cast, I have everyone but Diego (D'Urville Martin) and two of Rosemary's friends Emmaline Henry, and Wende Wagner.  Phil Leeds and Victoria Vetri were tough to get.

Hi Scott,

Know any collector who would like to own the 35mm master print to "reel X" of Glen or Glenda - George Weiss's personal copy? On 1953 Nitrate. Original tins with soundtracks. RR COA etc.

Hi Chris,

Cool. I do have one other Horror item - the 35mm master print (uncropped, unlike every print out there) of "Reel X" and the soundtrack negatives of Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda, staring Bela Lugosi. This print was the property of George Weiss, the films producer and is in the original Pathe tins with paperwork from an east coast cleaning in 1970. The film is 1952 DuPont Nitrate as Wood often use old stock for budget reasons. I screened it once for Bela Jr. some years ago. Drop me a line if interested.

That sounds cool, Eric! It's a pity we don't live closer to each other; I'm doing a film fest next May and would love to show Reel X on 35mm! :P

HI Chris,

Do you have the first "wolfman?" Henry Hull in your collection? The Werewolf of London from the UK in 1935? Here is an autographed note signed and dated yesterday, December 17, 1933. Nice dedication/inscription. The play he was in is noted on the Reverse as I recall. Right time period for the Werewolf of London. Heavy card too, and boldly signed in fountain. VF condition + as shown.

Hi Eric,

Nice mate, very nice.
Is it mainly the vintage stuff you collect?

Hi Chris.

I have a lot from the 20's to the 80's and beyond. Thinning out but have much. If you need that Hull offers welcome. Exceptional, strong ANS example and with a specific date at the time of Werewolf of London.Fully guaranteed of course. I have  more - Canada Lee, Bendix, Slezak, and much more. Cuts to SP and signed candids also. . I also have a 3x4 Morris Agency Dracula headshot (reprinted by Lugosi). Bela Jr. sent the remainder in the '60'ds and '70'. some time ago from his collection - one of the little cards his father used to sign c. 1954. Accompanied by letter referring to "dad" on Bela Jr's legal stationary. Apart from some glue remnants of the reverse, an excellent little collection complete with insert, letter and evlope. Dated July 16th, returned about a month later

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service