We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There is an ebay seller named schu45. I have no idea if his autographs are authentic or not.

However, he has over 800 items listed on ebay and all of them have a In The Presence COA from PSA. My question is how does PSA issue such a COA for all these Hollywood stars? Are they sending a representative into the field to cert. this items on the spot? Does not sound likely.

Or is there another way that they can cert 800+ Hollywood in person autographs.

Last time I looked Al Pacino , Cindy Crawford, Laura Linney and 800 other Hollywood personalities have not made any personal appearances to sign autographs.

The PSA In The Presence COA specifically states that the autograph was WITNESSED by a PSA representative.

Is this seller a PSA representative too, besides being a seller of autographs?? Conflict of interest I would think if that is the case. Is the seller a friend of someone on the PSA authentication staff? I am just asking a question.

I have written to PSA and await an answer or perhaps even an appearance here to answer.

Views: 6561

Replies to This Discussion

DB, I've only looked at a page or two of that seller's inventory, but I doubt anyone would hire PSA to cover them at an event just to get one celebrity. The collector would have photos for most of the valuable names likely to attend. But I didn't ask Orlando about a particular seller...he couldn't tell me, that's private. I asked about the policies and procedures for signings and asked about what Richard alleged in this discussion.

I suspected that but at this point I think it's more than Richard alledging. 

We cannot prove that anyone is simply handing out ITP certs without concrete evidence and the EBAY Seller "ain't talking".  So long as the Items are Authentic is one thing but the suspicion surrounding the exact detail of how these ITPs were obtained casts considerable doubt on not only the practice but the business relationship and ultimately the item being sold.

Orlando could clearly devulge all the details surrounding the Harrison Ford or Al Pacino (previously referred to in one of the threads on this) without devulging the whoms.  Simply citing Policies & Procedures is typically a ruse and there is one rule'  Policies & Procedures are made to be broken.

Steve - do you realize how stupid that sounds?   What Orlando told you was the party line and how it is "suppose" to work.

I find it troubling to say the least that you might actually believe what you wrote.  They arranged for Harrison Ford to do a "prrvate" signing!  We all know better and so doesn't coolwater & so on as I previously posted.  

I also don't think Simon has accused them of having them in the field.   That would be Mike Aring's suggestion based on his observations and interaction with them.  Do you also call him a liar?   I would hope not as he seems to be factual in what he states.

So PSA ordered several "private" signings from Harrison Ford (who we know via coolwater what is exactly in play) who has a date stamp on them from a public appearance in San Diego at a premiere moving showing and that signing arrangement was done in advance?     Then these "private signings" that were ordered and arranged in advance by PSA are witneessed in person by a PSA rep and just so happen to end up on Sobrero's friends EBAY Account. 

Do you realize how rediculous that sounds?   And that's only one celebrity.  You reported back what Orlando told you.  However, I would have trouble that based on what's going on you would be that naive to buy into it in this circumstance.

DB, please read my latest reply. Obviously I didn't explain it well enough.

DB, PSA doesn't arrange for anyone to do private signings. They are sometimes hired to witness them, and the witnessing is what's arranged in advance.

I got that part based on your expanded explanation above and you can see how the "greater" majority of us on this thread have significant doubts that it worked this way with this EBay Seller's offerings.   Just the ones listed that came from San Diego Comic-Cons - Fords, Munns and any others on that date - that were spread over various public venues and signings and there was a PSA rep tailing the "arranger".  I know I'm stupid but just not that stupid.

DB, I haven't been reading this thread that carefully recently so I don't know everything that's been discussed. But if the seller is claiming that some of the Fords, etc., were from Comic-Con, I agree that it's more likely that the person witnessing the signings would also be collecting there.

The seller ain't talking no matter what the question is  but the information unconvered on the ITPs link the signing to san diego (CA) in July during the Comic-Con and from what I have been able to find Ford was there only for a movie premier.  In the same date/cert number range so wasn't Oliva Munn who also has an ITP Cert that was issued for someone.   On top of it - someone scores 5 or was it more Harrison Fords witnessed signings.

Thus, I like you come to a completely different opinion as for me this doesn't pass tha naive rookie collector sniff test.

How much does PSA charge to have a rep go into the field for those hours and cert the in person autographs? Usually when PSA issues an ITP cert they do a pvt signing with hundreds of pieces signed. How many pieces does an in person guy get at a movie premiere situation? Is it really enough to pay a PSA rep to stand there for hours and cert what is signed?

Good point Richard.  Why hire someone to go into the field in hopes of getting multiple items signed?  If its authentic it would hopefully pass PSA anyway.  Why have the added expense?

It sounds wacky to me too DB.

anything is plausible as wacky as it might appear.

One would think that PSA/DNA would be "promoting" such involvement in order to generate more of these types of events.  Not using the "private nonsense" as a reason or simply restating the obvious of the "policy" and the "procedeure"

an ITP obviously conjures up more "worth" to the item by it's very nature to the buyer.  If it doesn't happen as the "policy" and "procedure" dictates then it is "fraud" regardless of the authenticity from my perspective as the "net worth" of the item is inflated due to the ITP.

And Collector's Universe failing to market such events in my mind is what makes it even whackier.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service