We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I made 3 bad calls and have been told I should stop giving opinions by Tracy. Should I hang up my hat?

What do our members think of this? Yes, I've been under a lot of stress lately. The first 2 below are said to be IP.

Views: 788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks guys. I appreciate your words and support. :)

This is a good sign of support for a member. We also support Tracy's right to a viewpoint.  Sometimes folks who are  passionate about something clash and scuffle a bit momentarily.  It's just human nature.

As David L often reminds us as hobbyists:. "It's all about the ink".

Agreed. Tracy has been a member for 10 days and is likely not aware of my Gleason and Bowie work. And you are right - it's all about the ink. 

Sounds like you're being gaslit by a new member. Longevity and consistency is key.

Thanks crazyrabbits. It would appear so. Tracy actually asked me to grade my authentication skills on a 1-10 scale. I would not answer.

I have only been a member of the site for a few weeks but I frequently visited the site for years without contributing. If I may offer some creative criticism I would suggest that maybe limit some of your replies to posts. This isn’t a knock but just an observation. Sometimes quality overrides quantity when it comes to issues like this. Some members see your username attached to a number of posts and they might just think you are exposing yourself to too many different topics. Like I said, just my two cents as I have had this problem myself in the past on other sites. I’ve even been labeled a “know-it-all” and they didn’t mean it in a positive way either. 

They were asking opinions on items they got signed in person? That is always a red flag for me on the individuals who are actively testing opinions. They sometimes do that for nefarious reasons. This also is an attempt for people to question your opinion by saying you should hang it up.... Honestly it really kills the good will when an individual plays those games. 

Eric, In the late 70's my first autograph was purchased at an antique store for $20. It was an 8x10 photo of Jackie Gleason in a cops uniform. I immediately had to have it. I was a fan of the "Smokey And The Bandit" movies. When I saw the photo the dialog in the movie popped into my head…..but I had better lines….."Boy when I get home there is no way you come from my loins, I'am gonna pop your Momma right in the mouth" Sometime in the early 2000's I got a TPA and was very happy with my purchase. Years later a guy named Eric did a signature study and I had to throw away my prized possession. You B%$^&*!. Back in the day they said if you spent 10,000 hours in a profession, you were an expert. I have all those hours but in a broad spectrum 15,000 items later. I would assume you, Josh, Joe.W, Steve C., Etienne, and a handful of others have earned the credentials. You give a free opinion….I have never received a refund from a wrong TPA. As I have always said it is always about the ink. It is about the education of signatures priced at 2 dollars  or 20,000 dollars. When I start selling, next year , If you can't tell this autograph is  real without a TPA, go away and buy the internet trash. If I were you , I need more education. Teach me even more!

Thanks David :)

Here is one of maybe three authentic Bandit's I have ever seen:

Here is another and beneath that perhaps the only genuine "bus" photo I have ever seen:

David - that's the first thing I bought too in the 70's - a Gleason secretarial by Sydell Spear!

David, which one did you buy or was it a forgery? Click to enlarge to see all secretarials:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service