We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I put Beckett signature review to the test here’s the results

First photo is a signed Paul Mccartney album that was previously authenticated by BAS so I decided to take a snap shot of the sellers listing and (test) Beckett signature review, i am in no way trying to out the seller! This is simply a Beckett review test, in fact I’m very green when it comes to Paul McCartney’s signature and I do think that this seller has a legitimate Autograph,

the second photo will show my proof of submission and lastly the third photo will show BAS results 

Views: 11038

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A quick opinion would not invalidate a full authentication. Plus, if I was a betting person, if they seen it already had their sticker the quick opinion would have been different. 

I agree the examiner at the time probably gave it a (quick opinion) it might have been a different result given the time to process it longer 

I'm not saying the quick opinion got it wrong. In fact, I am not a fan of this signature. With that said, if the quick opinion examiner knew this was already authenticated by Beckett their quick opinion would have confirmed the sticker. At least, that's what I believe.

Understood and I totally agree, that’s why I didn’t show the whole image I didn’t want them to see it was already authenticated to see if I get a different opinion, and I did 

What if they weren’t aware of a particular forgery style at the time it was authenticated, but are now aware of that style? The quick opinion would be the more informed one.

Wonder if anyone has ever requested a quick opinion from a TPA that has already been authenticated by them? That would be an interesting experiment! And, I should add, they can see the sticker.

I’ve been tempted to do that with one of the Liz Shaw Hendrix forgeries, but I’m afraid that it will come back as authentic.

LOL

I have no opinion on the item. However, an interesting aspect that no one has mentioned is that the item also has a recent Perry Cox COA.

Just a somewhat related question. I notice Perry Cox and Press Pass Collectibles are from the same state. Is there an association between the two?

Not at all.  I know both of them.

Thanks, inquiring minds wanted to know.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service