We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Yes or No in your humble opinions?  

Views: 3013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That looks ok to me.

Thank you... So says Tom... 

I don't get it.  Robert, compare it to this one.  It is nearly identical.  Please keep us posted.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Audrey_Hepburn_signature.svg

I will and yes, it is "Nearly identical"..  I promise.  I have to win it first...LOL.. I know the Market Val. so we will see... 

It looks pretty typical to me if you have had it in your possession for quite some time.  It looks too typical to me if you have just come across it and are considering purchasing it.

She was so photogenic though ;   Yep.  I purchased one, that ended up being a  lazer jet copy and you couldn't tell from the photo on ebay and Audrey does not come cheap unfortunately

Did you report it and get your money back?  I certainly hope so.

yep but it wasn't that easy to get my money back  , everyone that saw it, just kept on laughing . What was interesting was how disinterested ebay.com was  in the problem in my many phone calls from england  - all they kept on stressing was that I  would only get the money back   if the seller signed for it and it was in the same state as when I purchased it & that I needed to insure it for my own safety because of the amount of money I had paid.  The problem, was that I couldn't insure it because then the seller wouldn't have picked it up because of the amount of customs duty to England he/she would have had to pay.  It was just an awful time

In general I think there are also more forgeries of this type of Hepburn signature and her earlier sig , which I prefer anyway is more difficult to forge .

I agree.  This version of Audrey Hepburn's autograph is a favorite of forgers.  That is why I am concerned about it.

I am always concerned.  But eventually one has to learn to put some concerns aside or else you end up with nothing.. Life is a risk.  You take it and run or you wait and someone else takes it...That is why I come here to my Professional bunch of Friends...I went to a couple outside here, too... and they said A-Ok, too.. So, I will just roll my dice and take my chances... It is on a bidding site and it has a guarantee.  I will end up getting it authenticated eventually IF I win the bid but am not going more than the market Value.  ;-)

Please refer to my reply above and don't forget to keep us posted.  Good luck Robert.

Thank you, Mike.  You will be the first to know if I win this bidding war soon.  :-)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service