We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 3018

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my 100% original and authentic President Obama signature on my Army retirement certificate. If you guys don't think it's real it's because you are a-holes and just trying to scam me out of my treasure. 

$10.00, Rick, but only if I get free shipping...

Daniel, meet Ivan. Kindred spirits.

Good one, Steve.

ha haa

+1

This thread is worth an entry fee LOL

Steve

It looks like you'll have to address Daniel by his new "gangsta" name

baaaahahahaha

Daniel,

Unless someone finds copies of letters with the same text, perhaps it is a personal letter to you from Reagan. But it was very common for President Reagan to dictate a letter and then an autopenned signature would be added to it.

There are major letters and documents by Reagan and other presidents that are signed with autopenned signatures. GW Bush and Obama have had bills signed using them. It's legal.

If there is a matching known autopen exemplar of the signature on your letter, then it is an autopenned one, even if there are tiny irregularities, which could come from the pen, the condition of the pen, how the pen was placed in the Autopen machine, and whether or not it was tightly held or becoming loose.

I know it can be hard, but we appreciate it when disappointment isn't taken out on other members. You still have a letter to treasure from President Reagan.

Oh well, you can't please everyone.

I'm suspending Daniel to avoid more offensive language.

Mr. Waters came here with an agenda (no big deal), but he could have been mature about it.

I honestly think he was trying to convince himself that it was authentic and when he was handed proof, his only alternative was to vent to us.

If that letter was really auctioned at Sotheby's, he would have provided proof.

His disappointment that it is an autopen probably crushed him and that was evidenced in his use of foul language to vent.

Or, he was just trying to toy with us.

It's not a 10K item, but it's still a cool item that came from President Reagan.

...and back to his toy rockets he goes.

Sotheby’s is extremely good on presidential autographs. This would not have gotten past them. They have an in-house expert who is top-notch and they talk to other experts as well. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service